Hey from BC Canada EH!

WendyJ

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:welcome

Hope you can share with us some awesome pictures of your canned products. :clap
Well, there has been an interesting change of events about that.....
I now have a summer job working for a local farm organization. They rent fallow farm land for cheap, and grow a variety of food on it, some to sell to raise $ for farm expenses, but most to give away. Their goal is to give 500 000 pounds of food to food banks, soup kitchens, etc. this year. So while I am surrounded by lots of great food, and have been told that anything that the farm grows I am welcome to take for myself, the boss doesn't seem to think I need days off! This past week I've worked about 70 hours, and not sure when I will get a break, so the irony is that I have an abundance of food available, but no time to do much with it. :idunno

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hello and welcome! I'm a bit further south... Oregon Cascades. Do you pressure can, or water bath or both?

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
:welcome I've visited Canada, but didn't make it that far west. My mom is from Canada, but the area she's from is near Niagara Falls.

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hi. Welcome. We're over here in the general region of the BC Rockies - not far from Nakusp, if you know where that is.