Hi from Washington

deb4o

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:welcome

Hi from the Columbia Basin, we're in the Yakima area.I know this area gets a bad wrap,but it's home.

Hope you enjoy your journey to SS this site is full of wonderful and useful info and great people. It sure has helped me.

elevan

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:welcome from Central Ohio

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
If you have trouble tilling your soil, you might try putting some raised beds on top, and filling them with good soil and compost. That is what I did, plus I stapled a layer of hardware cloth at the bottom to keep gophers and such out.

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hello and Welcome to the forum! :frow

Our property here in the Ozark foothills is rocky too, and as Britesea suggested, you can't go wrong with raised beds! ;)

Edited to change the thud smiley to the waving one after that first line! :th

SD Farm Girl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Hello and welcome. I'm in South Dakota.

Nigerian Dwarf goats are a great choice if you don't need gallons of milk each day. They don't eat much, are friendly and don't take up much space. They can easily fit in a dog carrier to transport. And goat cheese is very tasty.

huntress4203

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Hello from another Washingtonian. Born and raised in upstate New York, lived in Delaware, Korea, the Philippines, Texas, Maryland's eastern shore and now here. I am convinced this is where I should have lived all my life because this is the only place I've ever "lived". Just joined the forum a bit ago. Still feeling my way around.

Gloria