Home Made Detox Recipes For Cleansing

kimnkell

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hi,
Does anyone know of any good Home Made Detox Recipes For Cleansing your body? I would like to do this and then start back on a good food diet. If anyone knows of a good I would appreciate it.
l

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Class number one in my series......sorry, my computer went kablooie so I haven't been able to get my announcements out. I'd wanted to start today, actually, (funny that you would ask for the material in class one when you didn't know when I would start and wanted to be in my next group! Cool in a Twilight Zone kinda way!) but my main computer got sick and died exactly two weeks ago! It needs a cleanse, too, actually! :lol:

The class is an hour, but I'll do my best: Eat all the LGI veggies you want, with herbs and salt. A few fruits. No caffiene, sugar, anything processed, grains, alcohol, smokes, artificial sweeteners or anything artificial for that matter. Eat about half raw and half cooked if you wish. Lightly steamed or as soups. No fats for 1-4 days or until you can't stand it, then slowly add HIGH QUALITY fats....butter, homemade lard, EVOO in small amounts, eggs, raw dairy if available. Add high quality protein but not the leanest....chicken with skin, fish cooked in butter, etc. Keep this up, focusing on the veggies, for at least a week if you can, up to six weeks if you can eat a LOT of veggies, stuff yourself!

You will be so clean you will squeek!

kimnkell

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
freemotion said:
Class number one in my series......sorry, my computer went kablooie so I haven't been able to get my announcements out. I'd wanted to start today, actually, (funny that you would ask for the material in class one when you didn't know when I would start and wanted to be in my next group! Cool in a Twilight Zone kinda way!) but my main computer got sick and died exactly two weeks ago! It needs a cleanse, too, actually! :lol:

The class is an hour, but I'll do my best: Eat all the LGI veggies you want, with herbs and salt. A few fruits. No caffiene, sugar, anything processed, grains, alcohol, smokes, artificial sweeteners or anything artificial for that matter. Eat about half raw and half cooked if you wish. Lightly steamed or as soups. No fats for 1-4 days or until you can't stand it, then slowly add HIGH QUALITY fats....butter, homemade lard, EVOO in small amounts, eggs, raw dairy if available. Add high quality protein but not the leanest....chicken with skin, fish cooked in butter, etc. Keep this up, focusing on the veggies, for at least a week if you can, up to six weeks if you can eat a LOT of veggies, stuff yourself!

You will be so clean you will squeek!
Wow... Isn't that weird....lol....would broccoli and cauliflower okay to eat. LGI veggies ( does that mean Low Glycemic Index) and what does EVOO mean? Sorry, I'm not up to date...lol...
I have lots of lettuce right now in the water bed and cucumbers will be ready before long.
I want my husband to do this with me but he smokes and he wants to quit but can't. You wouldn't happen to know any trick for helping him to quit smoking would you?
Thanks for the info freemotion. I really appreciate it.
Kim

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
" I want my husband to do this with me but he smokes and he wants to quit but can't. You wouldn't happen to know any trick for helping him to quit smoking would you? "

1st- It's gotta be his decision. He is the one that will go through the withdrawals and that takes determination. The herb Lobelia has been used for ages for that and is in some of the commercial formulas for it. It may help with the nerves and clearing the lungs.
If he wants to try it, get a bottle of it from a health food store and follow the dosage. Don't overdo it. Taking too much will make him puke.
B vitamins can help calm the nerves too. Smoking also uses up some of the B vitamins in the body.

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
dragonlaurel said:
" I want my husband to do this with me but he smokes and he wants to quit but can't. You wouldn't happen to know any trick for helping him to quit smoking would you? "

1st- It's gotta be his decision. He is the one that will go through the withdrawals and that takes determination. The herb Lobelia has been used for ages for that and is in some of the commercial formulas for it. It may help with the nerves and clearing the lungs.
If he wants to try it, get a bottle of it from a health food store and follow the dosage. Don't overdo it. Taking too much will make him puke.
B vitamins can help calm the nerves too. Smoking also uses up some of the B vitamins in the body.
If you have tried other things (like patches, gum etc) and failed consider something called an electronic cigarette. It is a rechargeable battery hooked to a heat atomizier that will take cartridges of liquid and convert them to a smoke like vapor. It started out with pure nicotine solutions (no tars or other nasty chemicals) flavored like tobacco. now there about 100 different flavors most without tobacco flavor at all and many with no nicotine either. The tough part for me was the habit of doing things with my hands I would get down to a low dose nicotine, and then go nuts not knowing what to do with my hands they would want to fiddle with getting the cig out put in my mouth light it inhale and holdit while waiting for the next hit.
I have gone from 20 packs a week down to none. On the ecig I am down to the lowest level of nicotine ( about 1/2 the amount found in the lightest cigarettes ) I still have cravings, what is morning coffee without that first drag now I drag on a coffee flavor 0 nicotine e cig and wait for the cafenine to kick in rather than nicotine. Did I mention that I have not gained weight this time around (other attempts I used to pack on an extra 10-15 pounds that I couldn't afford because of the gum and candy used to replace the cigs with) Next week the rest of the 0 nicotine cartridges arrive and I will be able to say I beat the nicotine habit) I won't recommend the product but it was the first and only device that actually helped me to quit smoking. Did I mention that the device is about the size of a real cigarette but a lot heavier?

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Yep, Low Glycemic Index. All those veggies are good.

EVOO = Extra Virgin Olive Oil

If he is willing, have hubby do it with you even if he smokes. It will still be good for him. He will likely detox more and may feel a little flu-y when the toxins are leaving his body....headaches, pimples, low energy, digestive symptoms....but don't stop, it is good to get rid of this stuff. Eat MORE veggies and drink lots of water to help the body flush everything. Ultimately, you will both have lots more energy, clear thinking, etc.

Let's be clear, here....Goal: Three poops a day! Get things moving....naturally.

kimnkell

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thanks Everyone for all the great information. I really appreciate it so much! I think I will prepare to do this cleanse when our garden is ready to start eating all the veggies we have grown. It's really gonna be hard for me to do without caffeine. I will have to get Hubby some of the Lobeila to help with the smoking. He really wants to quit but those patches are so expensive. We'll also have to check out the e-cig too. Thanks for everything !

Kim

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
A great detox herb you can grow is Burdock. Give it its own bed. It will grow year after year. When you harvest root don't take it all. It will come up from the peice you leave behind. It is a great liver detox root and some people eat it just like carrot in stews etc but you can dice it and dry it and make medicinal teas.

Other plants to consider are purslane, sheeps sorrel, turkey rhubarb, comfrey, corn silk, (from corn) mullen, cayenne, marshmallow root, raspberry leaves

I was specifically thinking of things you can grow in your garden.

Essiac tea, you can purchase is a great detox formula.

Just do searches on these and you will learn how to use them.

kimnkell

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Mackay said:
A great detox herb you can grow is Burdock. Give it its own bed. It will grow year after year. When you harvest root don't take it all. It will come up from the peice you leave behind. It is a great liver detox root and some people eat it just like carrot in stews etc but you can dice it and dry it and make medicinal teas.

Other plants to consider are purslane, sheeps sorrel, turkey rhubarb, comfrey, corn silk, (from corn) mullen, cayenne, marshmallow root, raspberry leaves

I was specifically thinking of things you can grow in your garden.

Essiac tea, you can purchase is a great detox formula.

Just do searches on these and you will learn how to use them.
Thanks for the helpful info. I love making teas and will have to try and grow some of the herbs you mentioned. Thanks again.
Kim