hqueen's collection of Far From the Usual stuff.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
It's cold this morning! 9 to be exact! And it isn't going to be much better over the next few days. I believe we have a low of 3 by Sunday. Ugh!
i got a few things done yesterday. I managed to get the 2 loads of clothes folded and out away and the bed made. I cleaned up the floor in the bedroom and vacuumed the bedroom really thoroughly. I hope that helps with the bfs sinus problems. Now if i can just catch up on the rest of the house I'll be all good.
I planned to do Shepards pie for dinner, but the cauliflower that i usually use instead of potatoes on top was bad, so out it went. We ended up with tacos instead. I need to make dressing today. I also have to figure out what we're going to do for Valentine's dinner. We're staying home since we don't have the money to go out. I should probably go to the store today if i have time.
I need to get a move on so i can get dinner in the crock pot and the morning chores done and get ready to go to yoga on time. My friend canceled her lesson today so that gives me more time, which is helpful.
Off and running.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Sounds to me like your sugar bottomed out the other day. That is what happens to me if my sugar drops too low. I've lived w/this for years, so I know what to look for a try to grab a bite to eat if my sugar is low.

hqueen13

Reaction score
Probably, so, Deb, it was one of those cars that i didn't feel like eating, then paid for it when my body told me correctly to go lay down, lol. I probably shouldn't have worked Othello, i might have been ok if i had just done chores and come back inside and rested.
busy busy. I felt better on Thursday and much better on Friday. No clue what it was unless it was a touch of the flu that didn't actually happen. Yay strong immune system.
Valentine's was delightful. The bf got me roses, and i gave him the surprise i had been working on, which was framed prints of most of the places we've been together. We have several selfies, plus one that we set up the camera to delay the shot so he could run back in. There are 4 framed pictures, one from the railroad in western md, one in front of the uss NC, one at an iron furnace in PA, and one from Deep Creek at a waterfall. He was excited and loved them. We made home made pizza for dinner, which turned out great. We just need to learn better how to stretch pizza dough properly. We had a rather fluffy pizza, but it was so good!
We got the house cleaned up, and i brushed the dogs. You'd have thought that the dogs would have been naked when i was finished there was so much hair everywhere. It was crazy! I still need to do it probably two more times before the shedding will be under control. Now I just have to find time.
Work has been nuts due to the server crash. I spent most of Monday on the phone helping to get things reconnected and patched together. That also includes being 2 hours late leaving the office because of it. We were sort of functioning again, but have lost most of the data since the beginning of February, which is awful. So back up your stuff!!!
it's been to crazy cold to do anything but the necessary chores and come back inside. We had wind chills down into the -30s over the weekend. Monday morning my thermometer said the temp had gone down to -2. We are always colder than what they forecast, which scares me because tomorrow night the forecast is actually for negative numbers. Sunday night it wasn't supposed to go below 0! Last night or said the low was 9, we hit 1. Ugh! I've gotten a bit numb, pardon the pun, and am not getting as cold as i was, which is terribly confusing when you're attempting to dress to stay warm....
i need to get a move on and get chores done here so i can get to my friend's, she's out of town and the weather's bad don't you know, and then head to the other farm to work for a few hours. Money is money.

hqueen13

Reaction score
Geesh, I've been busy! I'm not even sure I can tell you everything that's been going on!
We got some stuff done this weekend, including the taxes. Yay fat return! That's going to help tremendously with the bills and savings!
Of course, we were laughing about the snow, because last year, on April 15th, we did traces, in the snow.
It came down fat and hard and made a real mess of things. It took us a long time to get home and a lot of folks were driving too slow which made it harder to navigate.
Otherwise we didn't do a whole lot, which was ok.
My weeks ate suddenly slammed, with yoga and my pending animal communication class and working in the other barn, and S is putting together the schedule for the farm already, and i have an offer from another farm to do some work... ugh! And in the midst of all this I'm trying to learn to meditate?!
Crazy!
Well, I need to head out and get the chores done so I can get to the other barn. I hope I can make yoga tonight, but I don't know if that will happen... too much going on!

hqueen13

Reaction score
Um, yeah, but where to fit it in?! Lol
I've been trying to meditate before I get out of bed. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
We cleaned up yesterday at Kohl's! I had $75 in gift cards that the bfs mom had given me for Christmas and my birthday. I also had a 15% of coupon and a $5 of coupon. I only shopped the Clarence racks and walked away with 9 things! 2 turtle necks were $5.80 each! The bf got 5 or 6 things for less than $25, and then we found gildan sweatshirts on sale for $5.40 each! We spent a total of $50 and saved almost $500! It was awesome! I love that store!
My plans have dramatically changed for the day.... i woke up and found a text from the bf saying his jeep blew all the antifreeze. I was reading a free other messages on my phone, and heard the door open. I jumped out of bed and found the bf home, having had his jeep towed off the highway. I'm so glad he was sage and didn't get hurt since he said he couldn't get all the way onto the shoulder because of the snow still piled up. So he took my truck. Thankfully it was an easy day for him to do that. I'll miss yoga this morning, which is such a bummer, and I'll have to figure out about my meeting that was supposed to happen this afternoon at the feed store, but other than that, it's ok. All of that stuff can be rearranged without much trouble.
He thinks the water pump went up, so hopefully it will be an easy fix. I know he's just so tired of fixing it right now. I am too! Worst case, he can take tomorrow off and take me to work so he can be home to work on it and try to get it running again.
I don't know what we'll do for dinner since I haven't gotten to the grocery store this week and was planning on going today. I guess we'll have some of the emergency spaghetti i keep around lol
Since i can't go to yoga i guess I'll work the pony this morning before the farrier arrives. Hmm, they all need hay, I guess I'll have to figure that one out too. Never a dull moment!

hqueen13

Reaction score
Thankfully, he did. It was just the water pump, so about $80 and 2 hours later it was repaired. Could have been worse I guess.
Yesterday we had our full staff meeting for the month, which was a really good meeting despite the fact that we've had a rough month. RC opened the door in the meeting to me having a conversation with him, so i scheduled a meeting privately in the afternoon. We had a good talk, and he gave me some really nice compliments. And I asked for a raise and he gave me .50 more. That's a lovely help! I also realized that i am technically half way to the goal i set of saving $1200 by the end of the year. I have $600 tucked away, which whenever i tale the money or for the trick i won't use all of what i have saved. With the tax return coming, I should be able to save a little extra, and then in summer when I'm back on the farm I should be able to save more. Plus whatever I can save in the business and we might be able to afford a decent pickup with cash. We'll see what happens. In the mean time the bf must get new tires, too, so that's going to take a chunk of change.
Today is busy. I'm going to yoga, then maybe over to the old barn if they need help. If not, then I'm going to lunch with T, then swing by the Mill to pick up feed, and heading over to the other side of town to meet some folks about their farm and see if there might be a way I can help them. Then I have to pick up a freecycle medicine cabinet, and head home. I have no idea what I'll do for dinner, i desperately need to go to the grocery store, but i haven't had time. Oh, and there is a second yoga class tonight that I'd like to make it to, but i guess some of that is going to depend on time and dinner.
I'd better get moving if I'm going to get anything done at all today....