hqueen's collection of Far From the Usual stuff.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I was just going to ask if you were getting more snow. At least we're not supposed to get much, but I've heard that B4.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Lol I know that's right deb! I'm afraid to look out the window before I go to sleep...
I'll update on the weekend tomorrow... too tired now!

hqueen13

Reaction score
Looks like we got another 2" or so. Not a bad amount. Is say I'm glad it's not more but u really don't care anymore. As much as I want warm I am also dragging the massive amount of mud that we'll have to deal with when the temps do rise.
Today is busy!
I need to:
Fold 3 loads of laundry washed yesterday.
Get sheets washed, bounced, hung
Remake bed
Type up a contract and waiver for the new boarder
Go to the bank
Go down to my ex's to help him with anything he needs and work on the internet, email the contact and work in pure new website!
Figure out dinner

I'm rather nervous in a way about the new boarder but in a way I'm not. We'll see what happens but I suspect that this will be her last home. I just hope that her owner can come to trust me to help the horse be healthier because her body is showing all signs of being undernourished despite being fed a lot of things. I need to make sure I have a massive waiver and contact that are very tight so this lady doesn't have room to sue or anything should something bad happen.

Oh, along the way I should get the dish washer unloaded and clean up the kitchen and I want to make a loaf of bread today.
I guess I'd better get off my butt!

hqueen13

Reaction score
Gah! I cannot find the past contracts I had for boarding and the waiver. The waiver isn't as big of a deal but I could really use a copy of that contract..... grrr! I even cleaned up and organized some in the office trying to find it! No luck!

hqueen13

Reaction score
Well. Still can't find those papers and now I went to make brad and I don't have enough milk! Guess I'll be stopping at the creamery on the way home.
A friend is supposed to stop by and take a look at the place to see if she wants to board here. I think it would be a good move for her but we'll see. And I sure could use the money!! I don't think she is going to make it though because of the snow.
I've gotten the laundry folded and I'll get the sheets in the wash Now that the cost of power has gone down again. Then it's out to feed and hopefully by then the sheets will be done and I can get them hung and then head out.
Dang I wish I knew where those papers were!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Make sure you take pics of her condition once she gets there. Also, receipts for feed, etc. That way, if anything does happen, you have proof of her condition.

What are they saying for your area mid week? Depending on the track this next storm takes, we could get whammed.

hqueen13

Reaction score
Hmm good idea on the pics. I'm also going to try to have a friend of mine be here when she gets here mostly to stabilize me lol but it would be good to have another set of eyes.

The weather prior here won't touch it right now which is worrisome. They are predicting 6" and 1" of ice down in NC where my mom is, so this could be pretty bad. Who knows. Just another waiting game. I did notice on the way home that it appears that the fruit trees in the orchard I pass are turning reddish which is the sign that they are trying to bud out. I only hope they don't go too early Its still way too cold for anything!

Found a new copy of the agreement today and transposed that into the computer. My brain is fried! I reworked some parts to sit my business and am going to have to have a couple people look it over to make sure I didn't miss anything. I still need to draft information forms so that everything is covered and I have all the relevant information. I could have done this long ago but I'm some ways I'm glad I didn't because I've thought of several things to add or adjust wording on. I'm fairly please though it is far from done. The waiver I was able to get converted from a pdf back into word so that won't be as difficult, but still requires that I get it done.

I failed to get my order placed for the roof and netting that I need for the next hay feeder, I guess that will wait until tomorrow. I need to get on that before I eat up all of my borrowed time. That also means I have to figure out how to transfer the money from my PayPal account. Hmm better do that tomorrow.

The bf is on the way home yay! I need to prep dinner for tomorrow and keep plugging away at this computer work. Fun fun..

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Yay business! Hope you get everything done and still have hair left at the end of it! :D And snow? What snow? They have been threatening us for days and we have nothing so far....

hqueen13

Reaction score
Lol thanks WBF! FEM, I just hope it's all snow and none of that mixed crap that Deb is talking about. Just snow isn't so bad. Is the mix that is awful!
I hope I have hair left at the end of this especially knowing the horse I have coming. She is going to test my skills and balance for sure. Just pray I'm up for it!
Realized last night that the beef want thawed so I couldn't start dinner. So that is happening this morning. Then I have to do chores and hustle down to the other farm, email those contracts of to be prepared by lawyer eyes and then get started on helping with the barn. Yay more money!
Oo! Just realized I get paid this week for my office job. That we'll be 4 days of work since they didn't get me into payroll in time to get paid on the first. Yay money!
Now if only I could get my farrier here since storm is now almost 3 weeks overdue. The snow is killing us. I should have just kept the original appointment and had my friend hold him. Oh well.
Alright.... I gotta get going!