hqueen's collection of Far From the Usual stuff.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
That's the life of farming though. It's all a cheap shoot.
Yesterday went well though she ended up about a half hour behind which was partly my fault. One of the ladies have her 2 hours of time to two other ladies so I was confused for a little while. It all worked out good and the lessons were great to watch. The other up side is that I got the knitting done on the baby sweater I'm working on. All the is left is to sew the arms, tuck in the talks and then put in the zipper. All the most tedious part of the whole thing! Glad I got it done though.
We had a very late dinner and the bf was able to meet us which was fun. He was even sweet and cleaned up a bit after he got home.
The weekend is going to be busy. We have a while lot to get done. The bf is working this morning and I have several things to do anyway and then we have to be back at the other farm this evening to do several things. Tomorrow afternoon is my lesson and I'm looking forward to getting back on track!

hqueen13

Reaction score
I've been running like crazy the past few days. And there isn't any kind of relief until next week I don't think.
My friend is it off town so that means a trip to get farm before and after I work at the veggie farm. That just adds on length to my day and makes it longer. Plus it cuts into my time to get things done in the house which makes it tough.
Things on the farm are super busy. We prepped all the csa boxes yesterday so everything is ready to go. Today is pickup day. My feet hurt so bad from being on the concrete floor for so long yesterday. It was nice to be out of the sun but the humidity and lack of breeze in the garage was not fun.
Gave my friend the first lesson after winter and she did great. Her horses responded well and I think she'll pick up again and make good progress. I'm excited for her to keep working again.
Guess I need to get moving again. Can't afford to sit still....

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I miss the beautiful weather we had just a bit ago. It's gotten hot and humid here as well.

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I love staying busy, but running around like crazy just wears me down. I like to make up smoothies and freeze them for those days I'm constantly going - I can grab one to take along and, once it thaws, I have a yummy pick-me-up that tastes great and doesn't leave me feeling yucky (my weakness when I'm running around are mocha frappe's from you-know-where that never set well with me :\ ).

hqueen13

Reaction score
That is a good idea! What do you put in your smoothies? I make mine dairy free with greens and fruit in them. I need to get back into doing that.
Yesterday was busy at the office. I got quite a bit done on a few projects which was good. I busted the IT guys chips a bit too get some stuff done. I hope we find a new IT person soon.
I worked some on yt? Herb research yesterday and made some headway. I got through 2 books and only have 3 more to go lol I don't know that any of the others will be as good as the first two were so I don't think it will be as big is a deal. I got some really good info though.
I'm happy it is the weekend even though we have an insane amount of stuff to get done. Tomorrow is a hat feeder delivery plus getting the bfs bike inspected so it can be sold. Sunday he will be working to repair his jeep frame and I might end up getting rain barrels. It depends on how many are available. I also need to get the run in shed cleaned out and the many like turned before the last from the extension office comes over on Monday. Is a bit embarrassing that my manure like is basically a mountain with weeds on it right now..... oops.
Guess I need to get going if I'm going to get anything done!

hqueen13

Reaction score
Crazy busy weekend, awesome pickings and new furniture and for a decent amount done, though it's never enough!
I'll have to catch up later, I gotta throw loss of clothes in and then have a meeting with a lady from the extension office about the pasture management!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
You'll have to tell us what she recommends.