hqueen's collection of Far From the Usual stuff.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Last forecast I saw was for rain tomorrow evening into Saturday morning. I hope we don't get more than that.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Me either. I guess we'll see.
We had a nice evening yesterday. The bf had most of dinner cooked by the time I got home. That was a really nice thing to come home to!
I was going to run errands this morning, but now I'm going to wait until later. I'm working at the farm this afternoon so that will give me cash to be able to buy groceries this week. I've put way too much on my credit card to want to put more on it.
I'm trying hard to all this feeder that we have sitting here. I had a string bite but now she's being wishy washy, which I think means she doesn't want it but won't come out and say it. I wish people would simply be clear. I don't care if you don't want it, I just need to know.
I should get some cleaning done this morning and then prepare to sit at the farm for the rest of the afternoon. If it's raining is very likely that no one will show up and I'll be pretty bored. I guess I could take my computer and work on some stuff, at least I'd be productive. I did ask if there was anything he needed done in the market and he said no, so it is what it is.
The rest of his chickens are getting sick now, slowly, which isn't a good thing. I wish I knew better what could be done on the natural front to help them but I don't really know much about chickens, they are so different from the other animals.
Not much else going on right now I guess.
I hope that we'll be able to get the lumber for our hay feeder. It's going to be a beast to build but it should work well for us. I just want to get that project checked off the list.
Actually there are a bunch of projects I want to get checked of the list....

hqueen13

Reaction score
Yesterday was slow at the farm, which I expected. I swept the whole market and outside, and then worked on my laptop for a while. I got everything entered for the finances last month except for a few things I have to go back and check. We spent way too much money last month. Ugh.
Don't know what we'll get done this weekend but I hope we can get some things checked of the list.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I know that feeling! I don't know what we're doing either. It's kind of wet out there.

hqueen13

Reaction score
Well it was an up and down weekend. We didn't get as much done as I would have liked, but it was ok.
We did get the lumber for our hay feeder yesterday, which made me really happy since we have really needed to go that done. I have to order the roof panels today. This thing is going to be a beast. The base will be 5x8 which makes the roof 7x10. Donatella or largest yet. But since we are here it won't be that big of a deal to take care of it and move it since the equipment is here.
The bf should be able to get that built next weekend. We'll have to wait for the roof panels to come in, but other than that he should be able to get it done next weekend.
The gal that I have been teaching is doing really well. ML has had animals for a long time but somehow had missed the important lessons. Like understanding basic nature. But her past includes a childhood of abuse, or in the least unacceptable behavior by her father. Which has given her some really odd patterns. She is changing a lot and quickly even though she doesn't see it.
She had hired the bf to redo some electric fence that was a mess that she had. I was planning on helping him after we got done teaching. When we went up the hill to where he was working we found that he hasn't gotten far at all. The fence was an absolute mess. It was so patched together that it was almost impossible to untangle and fix. I began to really look at it for the first time and realized that whoever put it in (whoever was there before she was) used the trees to be cheap or economical or whatever. So the fence line was more crooked than a politician. I looked and realized there was no way that it was actually her property line, and asked where the line actually ran. She said it was probably 10 feet further up the hill, right through a clear space. There was a perfectly straight line through the trees norttouching anything that would be easy to use. So we agreed that we would come back and completely redo that fence, give her more space, and rip out all that old stuff. It will work much better for her and will be easier to maintain in the long run if she's able to do that. So in two weeks I think we'll go back and get that taken care of for her.
I was hoping to sell the hay feeder this weekend, but didn't get anywhere with that either. I desperately need that money, so I hope I can sell it this week.
I need to get going to give my friends her lesson. Then I'll come back and feed the horses and work storm before I get started on chores and going to the grocery store. Whee.... it's so gray today I hope I cam keep my mood up. I think I need to spend some time in front of the light box a friend gave me.

goatgurl

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
sounds like a busy day. i sometimes lay in the back of my pickup with the tailgate up so i am out of the wind just so i can soak up the sun because i don't have a light box. even do it in the winter time

hqueen13

Reaction score
That would work and the pickup would be pretty warm too. Wish I had a pickup lol someday.
I found mullien on the way to the store today! Picked a while bunch and hopefully I cam get more later. It's on my street so that makes it easy.
This darn holiday is cramping my style! I needed to go to the post office and the bank and both places are closed! Grr! Its causing me too male longer trips layer which is annoying. So it goes I guess....

hqueen13

Reaction score
Lol. Sorry! Have to share a laugh!
Gayest on my way out to the grocery store I noticed lambs ear on the side of my street! Yay! I picked a bunch of leaves and tossed them in a bag and set them up to dehydrate in the oven when I got back home. The oven would only go down to 170 but that seemed ok. They didn't brown as they died. I think I dried them enough, but I'm not 100% sure. So this morning I'm making tea worth rose hips and lambs ear plus I'll steep my cat nip in once this is finished boiling. Yay for healthy stuff!
Yesterday I didn't really get much else done. I'm just not doing all that great right now. The bf isn't doing well either so neither one of us is able to pick the other one up.
He fixed most of dinner and cleaned up almost everything so that was sweet of him. We laid around and talked the evening away. It's pretty sad I guess lol
I've got a busy day today. I need to run to the bank and post office and then be home in time for the farrier and a meeting with the gal from the extension agency. Then I'm going to run over to a friend's house for a while to set up chicken stock so we can let that cook all night and can it tomorrow. I'm almost out of what I have so I need to get more made. I also have entirely too many chicken parts in the freezer wasting space so it's got to get done. I hope I'll be able to get a lot canned so I won't have to do it again for a while. Plus this way I can male soup more easily.
I'd better watch this tea so it doesn't boil over....