If you ever needed a reason to get your own cow

FarmGirl

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Check out this picture that was shared with me on Facebook of some dairy cows up to their udders in poo. If that's not a reason to get a cow (or goat or sheep), I don't know what is:

photo.php

Edited: image not loading, I'll try again later.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Doesnt suprise me...........I cant wait to get my moo cow.....

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
my best friend owns a dairy...would never see that happen...ugh, some places are just a wreck.

truly tho, I don't know how that gets past, cause my friend gets inspections etc. huh

imagine the hoof troubles. surprised most cows are standing truly.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Those are my thoughts also. while I beleive it does happen, I don't believe itt to be the norm. and my thoughts exactly with their poor hooves.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Ive toured a dairy and they have no bedding they stand in their poo on concrete, not that bad though......

FarmGirl

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
MetalSmitten said:
facebook just doesn't like embedding images. it likes links.
Thanks MetalSmitten, I'll get the hang of this one day :/

Sadly, these cows will be lucky to live 4-5 years and that's with the help of generous doses of antibiotics. Isn't their normal lifespan quite a bit longer than that? It just makes me angry that our food supply has become so horrifying. It's little wonder that North Americans are unhealthy but it seems like the group here is well ahead of the curve on knowing how to stay healthy.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
north americans? :lol:

well ya we have our problems but truly I think wtih the other countries food problems/hygeine/lack of basic meds/ etc there are way more troubles out there.

where was that photo taken? do you know the background? anyone report that farm? has it been closed down or any other info on the picture? just wondering