Introduction

prism

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Found this great forum over at BackYardChickens which I actually found from a internet search of chokecherries that lead me to a post in the hobbies forum there. Small world.

I'm married with a very energetic 13yo son. We have been living in Montana for 20 years but I grew up in NH, also living in MA and ME for a few years before moving to MT. We homeschool and stay very busy with a wide variety of interests - reading, science, gardening, cooking, dance, Lego's, Robotics, The Internet, 4H, Camp Fire USA are just a few that come to mind. We have 5 cats and tropical fish - no chickens yet. :/

I consider us to be semi-self sufficient and strive to become more so each day. I cook mostly from scratch and use very few convenience foods. We grow as much of our own food as possible. We've been vegetarian (but not vegan) for several years now so don't raise any food animals or hunt. We try to reduce, reuse, re-purpose, recyle, and compost as much as possible.

I look forward to learning more from everyone and hope that I might sometimes have something worthwhile to contribute also.

user251

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
howdy :frow yall from the heart of Dixie, Alabama. welcome to the ss forum a wealth of knowledge, know how, humor, help and the occasional nut. :p
:welcome

prism

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Wow! Thanks for all the warm welcomes!!

It's going to be great getting to know everyone. I've been perusing the various forums here whenever a get a few minutes and can't believe all the great ideas, tips, and sense of community.

Thanks!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
We are a brilliant bunch, aren't we! :lol: Welcome! Just don't mention margarine or too much sugar and you will be fine ;) If you suggest throwing egg yolks away, there is nothing I can do for you.... :lol:

Sorry, I am in a silly mood, up way to early (for me) and now you are :idunno

prism

Power Conserver
Reaction score
freemotion said:
We are a brilliant bunch, aren't we! :lol: Welcome! Just don't mention margarine or too much sugar and you will be fine ;) If you suggest throwing egg yolks away, there is nothing I can do for you.... :lol:

Sorry, I am in a silly mood, up way to early (for me) and now you are :idunno
:yuckyuck There's a comedian in every bunch! :lol:

I'm feeling pretty silly right about now too. However, it's from lack of sleep as I am still up early rather than just getting up too early. Definitely going to get a few zzzzzzzzzzz's now though.

Thanks for the silly welcome and have a great day!