Jess172 journal: I want to do it all!

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I envy you having a good relationship with your MiL. DH and his mom have been estranged for almost 12 years now

Jess172

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I hate to hear that. I'm pretty lucky to have a good relationship with both my mom and my MIL.

Jess172

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I feel like I've been running around like crazy since Wednesday. That's when I picked up my MIL. I got a few odd chores done around the house which is good. I took her home on Saturday and then came home and helped my hubby and brother level a spot in his yard for a pool, next door. Sunday was church and then right after that I had a birthday party to go to that I knew nothing about until that morning. Apparently an invitation was given to my hubby at work for me and the kids but he forgot to give it to me. It's not the first time something like this has happened. So I had to run home and change then go get a present and go to the party. Which of course we were late for. I then came home and helped set up the pool. Yesterday my oldest started a summer sport and that evening I had a dinner to go to with my sister. When i came home i found there was a stray puppy at my house so i fed him and cleaned him up the best i could. He seems to be going between my house and my parents right now. We were supposed to take the kids to a theme park today but there was a high chance of thunderstorms so we are going to go later this week if the weather is good. Today I'm going to run a few errands and get caught up on house cleaning. That's the plan anyways.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Do ya just love when hubby forgets to tell you about something?

Jess172

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I finally got the guineas moved into theirgrow out pen today
image.jpg
They are getting so big!
Today was nice so I took the kids swimming in my brothers pool next door. Got a feeling that's going to happen a lot this summer. We all had a great time.
Yesterday me and hubby worked on the garden for a few hours and I pulled lots of weeds. Still not done weeding but that's a never ending job. Tomorrow after church and visiting my dad for Father's Day we are going to pick a bunch of squash that's ready and freeze it. We've been eating squash from the garden evernight for over a week now and still have a lot left to pick. Some of the cucumbers are just now big enough to pick and we had the first ones tonight. They were great! I'm loving all this fresh food from the garden. :D

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Can't say I blame you. So far, all we've gotten is 1 hot pepper.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I was able to add a couple of lettuce thinnings to our salad last night, but that's it for my garden so far.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I never got lettuce in. By the time I was finally able to get the garden to where I could plant stuff, it was too late.

Jess172

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
So I picked some squash today
image.jpg

Got it in the freezer and ready to eat another day. The zucchini is getting ready to come in also. My mom had the first one tonight and said it was really good. I'm going to pick a few to cook tomorrow night. All the rain and sunshine we've been having lately is really helping the garden. Last night we got lettuce, cucumbers and a few cherry tomatoes for a simple salad and grilled squash with green bell peppers and green onions all from the garden. I'm really happy with how it's turned out. Not to shabby for our very first garden. :D
I got tired of waiting on the ducks to get in the pond so me and hubby herded them in tonight :hide
image.jpg

Once they got in they decided that they actually did like it and started splashing, diving and having a great time. That is until the catfish heard the splashing, probably thought we were feeding them and came to investigate and scared the ducks to death. They came flying out of the pond. My ducks are scared of fish!:lol:
In other news, no one claimed the stray pup. So my brothers girlfriend named him Panda and he goes between my house and my parents. I suppose we will share ownership until/if we find him a new home. Here he is:
image.jpg

He still needs to gain a lot if weight, but he's looking much better than when he showed up and was all skin and bones. He's become Bella's (my beagle pup) new best friend and they play all day long.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I'd say you did pick a few squash!