JUSTUSNAK...Summer coming to an end!?

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Congrats on your little lambie pie! He is adorable :love

Makes me wish I had something to bottle feed again.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
12 May 09

*sigh* this day is almost done!
Started with bottle feeding Sonny...and opening coops...then going to town to get pine shaveings and straw. Also had to stop by my sons. My grandson had first communion, and the pics are in! Woohoo! The pics came out great!
I also stopped by the small flower/veggie stand on the way home, and picked up Brocolli, cauliflour, and cabbage starts.
Get home, and start in on the coops. There are 10 pens/coops needing cleaned. I get them all shoveled out...new bedding, clean feed and waterers.....then lay straw in a few runs over the mud holes. This whole process..took about 3 hrs. Everyone cleaned out, and happy.....time to get Sonny another bottle. Feed him, and scratch his chin for a while..I tell hubby I HAVE to sit with him after feeding...so he gets used to me. ( actually, I just wanted a break) LOL Cleaned his stall...new straw for the boy...then back to the coops. The duck pool needed cleaned out. WOW that water stank! Poor Duckies...lay straw around thier pool...trying to keep it clean, at least for today! Got the hoses all wrapped up.. ( I use 4 hoses to reach the coops.) grab the mower and wagon to haul straw out to the barn. Just when I think I am in the clear....Nelly decides she needs to be on the outside of the fence. :rolleyes: Good thing she is food motivated! She LOVES her pellets. ;) Got her back in...and the straw stacked....get the wagon out without an escapee this time. :lol: Our front "yard" is more like a field. The grass grows so fast and tall, its hard to keep up sometimes. So, when hubby mowed last...I think it was Saturday..it left rows of cut grass. It has layed there and dried for a few days...all nice and crunch..so I decided I better get it all raked and put up in the barn. Ohhh, my acheing back! I need a yard vac! Took me 2 hours to rake it..and only got half done! Fille the wagon. I think its a good start for winter feed. Now just to keep the sheep out of it!I am going to have to find a better place to store it. They have been munching on it off and on all day. Guess they like it better than fresh green grass?? Wierd! Planted my veggies I picked up today...splashed just enough water on them to keep them from wilting. Supposed to get some hard rain tomorrow. :rolleyes: Came inside for Iced tea break, and someone pulls in the drive. Im NOT in the mood for company! Its the census people. YUK, I dont have time for this .... get it all taken care of, and was ready to come back to my tea, when I noticed the neighbors 2 cows are running loose. Grab a bucket of feed..and start over to round them up. They are haveing NO part of this! Grabbed the neighbors....she went to get the owner.and after about 1/2 hour..we got them back in the fence. Poor things have NO GRASS! No Wonder they escaped! They were hungry! Came back to the house...dumped out the tea, its all watered down now....then went to close the coops and gather eggs. Got my shower and had a chicken sandwick with a FULL glass of tea! :lol: Then remembered, Sonny needed one more bottle...fixed his bottle...and went to feed him, and noticed he has the runs. Im hopeing its from changeing brands of milk. Will have to watch him for a few days. Oh, and of COURSE, I noticed it, when I knelt down to feed him, and landed in wet, gooey sheep poo! Just great! Back to the shower..and im DONE!!!! My head hurst i sure from lask of fluids..on the INSIDE of me! Have had plenty wet, sloppy, muddy, goopy, poopy stuff on the outside of me today.:rolleyes: Im makeing coffee...grabbing my favorite blankey, and settling in for the night. Whew! what a day!

jfarms

Power Conserver
Reaction score
wore me out just reading all about your day.. hope today is better..

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Yep...I needed a nap just reading all that! :p Just...you come on over to my house and I'll let ya burn off some of that extra energy! :lol: I wish you were MY wife! Well......er....YOU know what I mean! :rolleyes: :lol:

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Even though your covered in poop and dehydrated just think, you had such a productive day. Look at all you did. Wow, what a great job. :thumbsup

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I wish you were MY wife! Well......er....YOU know what I mean!
HAHAHA! Bee, I know what you mean....but that made me chuckle! Dont know about "extra energy" Maybe just enough to get a few things done. :/
I guess I am "lucky" today is raining. LOL Its a house cleaning day...I can mosey around, and putter all day! :weee Vaccumed the upstairs...living room, dining room, master bedroom, spare room, bathroom( yes, previous owner put carpet in there :rolleyes: )
Swept and mopped the kitchen, made dinner for hubby got him packed up and out the door for work...dishes done....2 bottle so far for Sonny...getting ready to tackle the family room down here in the basement, and office. Run the sweeper...and dust. Will make at least 2 more trips to the barn, in between rain for Sonny...and have to get eggs...and of course sit with the chickens for a few minutes. I think they like our little conversations. Most of them will come to the inside fence and just stare at me while I talk...LOL Mother used to say I was nuts, for talking to them, but hey...they listen! :p I think later, I will bake some brownies...will warm up the house a little..and I just love brownies! :drool Its 62 degrees and raining...i MIGHT have to put a small fire in the woodstove, just to take the chill off. Supposed to get down in the 40's tonight...I think...or was that last night!?? LOL Either way...im cold!
I DO feel like I got alot accomplished...and thats a good feeling...but this old body says...NOT a good feeling! LOL ok, now that I have typed out the word....BROWNIES....I want them even more. Im off to the kitchen! :D

jfarms

Power Conserver
Reaction score
How was the brownies? been thinking about them. lol..:drool

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
jfarms said:
How was the brownies? been thinking about them. lol..:drool
:lol:
Oh, the brownies... The FIRST one, was the best...still warm...yuuummmmmmmmmm. :drool

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Reading about your brownies made me hungry. So, I popped some cookies in the oven.

It's only 10:45 am, but I'm gonna eat some, and it's all your falt :rolleyes: :gig

Latest posts