livin' on the funny farm- SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I just found a recipe for peppermint popcorn and plan to try it soon! :drool

It has been unseasonably warm here lately too, and I'm loving it! I wouldn't even mind a green Christmas, because I know the white stuff will show up eventually, in mass :D

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for my goody basket. :hide

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
got up and daisy had her head stuck in the fence. :th realy- why do they do these things when i am home alone? took me @ 1/2 hour to cut a bar of a cattle pannel- with only a small pair of wire clippers. (my fenceing pliers grew legs and walked away)

there is supposed to be a big winter storm coming...

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I can not tell you how many times I've had to do that - grrrrrrrrrrr! That's why I keep a pair of bolt cutters in the barn. But, I never use i'em until I've given the goat a good squirt in the face with the water hose, lol. That seems to convince them to get their own head out of the fence if at all possible. Sometimes it works and sometimes I cut the fence. :barnie

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
she was good and stuck. sh had somehow gotten her head out threw the small bottom holes of the cattle pannels. and she has horns.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
RU has a goat that has gotten its head stuck like that. And, it's always when there's no one around. I've gotten quite good at getting the dumb thing free-w/out cutting the fence.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Must be something in the air today.... I heard some god-awful screaming while I was milking. I tore out of the barn to see what was going on and found not one, not two, but THREE goats with their heads stuck through the same hole in a stock panel! Granted - they were about 6 month old kids - but three???? I go and get the water hose and practically drown them squirting them in the face. (I do have a tiny little mean streak, lol) Nope, they're still stuck and now screaming more than ever. Head back to the barn to get the bolt cutters. Walk around the corner with the cutters and there's not a goat in sight. They've gotten their heads out and have high-tailed it as far away from me as they can get, lol.

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:yuckyuck made me laugh!!!!!!!!!!

well it is now raining and thunder and lightning. i made sure the chickens, ducks, guineas, turkeys, and geese were all where they are supposed to be. and put the ponies in their stall, and made sure there was plenty of hey in the goat shelter. we are supposed to get 3-6 inches of snow later. the kids are hoping for a snow day tomarow, it is the last day before christmas break.

had to bring 1 cicken in the house, she was a late hatch and didnt grow as well and the rest. and they were trampling her. so i have a house chicky.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
:lol: Hopefully, they've learned their lesson!

FF6, at least we're only supposed to get rain overnight. I'm tired of all the mud. I'd love to be able to stop wearing my muck boots everyday. :(