Long read.Political stuff

peckndirt

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Got this off of wikipedia or what ever , these are reasons people can give to have their state secede . I just thought it was interesting .I'll check back later. Check out number 10.

* The right to liberty, free association and private property
* Consent as important democratic principle; will of majority to secede should be recognized
* Making it easier for states to join with others in an experimental union
* Dissolving such union when goals for which it was constituted are not achieved
* Self-defense when larger group presents lethal threat to minority or the government cannot adequately defend an area
* Self-determination of peoples
* Preserving culture, language, etc. from assimilation or destruction by larger group
* Furthering diversity by allowing diverse cultures to keep their identity
* Rectifying past injustices, especially past conquest by a larger power
* Escaping discriminatory redistribution, i.e., tax schemes, regulatory policies, economic programs, etc. that distribute resources away to another area, especially in an undemocratic fashion
* Enhanced efficiency when the state or empire becomes too large to administer efficiently
* Preserving liberal purity (or conservative purity) by allowing less (or more) liberal regions to secede
* Providing superior constitutional systems which allow flexibility of secession
* Keeping political entities small and human scale through right to secession