My Chicken Tractor

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Pretty fancy for made-of-mostly-pallets. I wish I had about four!

The dog is adorable too.

ScottSD

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
savingdogs said:
Pretty fancy for made-of-mostly-pallets. I wish I had about four!

The dog is adorable too.
Thanks!

He's a great dog. He's a pointing lab, and his pointing instinct has been kicking in with these birds around. He sneaks up to them and points.....then of course he makes a flush to scare them.

He's having a blast.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
that's pretty cool! Makes me miss my chocolate lab though....:(

ScottSD

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
lorihadams said:
that's pretty cool! Makes me miss my chocolate lab though....:(
He's my second one. Still miss the first one....even though it's been over 6 years....

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
Very nice! I am curious how you getthe final wheels on a tractor without leaving a gap at the bottom.

Beautiful dog! I used to have 4 when the kids were small. I still miss the uncomplicated Lab personality.

so lucky

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hey ScottSD, you did a great job on reusing those pallets. Very cool looking tractor. I really admire someone who can re-purpose things and have it come out looking good. When we built my chicken house, I couldn't really find much that was free or cheap that my DH was willing to use. (He was not a happy construction guy):( I ended up spending WAY too much for the coop, but at least it is done, and very sturdy. Wouldn't you know that about a week after its completion, we were driving around and came upon a pallet factory/sawmill about 20 minutes from our house. We stopped and asked about the scrap pile. "Take all you want, anytime you want! Bring your truck next time!" So I could have built the whole house for almost nothing if we had known! :barnie Oh well.... I'm helping boost the economy, I tell myself.

hoosier

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
That looks great! I wish I had the ability to do that.