NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sorry FEM but.... I'm making homemade pizza and blueberry cobbler with ice cream for dinner.... My husband will be happy when he gets out of work!

The people at this place are so nice. And the wife is super pregnant. She hopped on the 4 wheeler and drove out to get some berries to snack on while we were picking, lol. They had two ducks for sale for $2, and I would have bought them if we had been in my car, but we were in my mom's car and she is NOT cool with being poultry transport! I miss my ducks. Anyway... My mom found this place, and although she didn't know it, I discovered they use all organic practices. Woot! Hard to find organic berry farms here.

Oh so before we went, DD, dogs and I locked ourselves out of the house while doing chores. Ughhh! DH got an earful about locking the door handle on me at some point. We don't lock the handle! We lock the deadbolt!!! So my mom had to drive us all to DH's boss' house, where his truck and therefore his keys were. With both dogs, one of whom is pretty psycho. And my other dog, who she loves, jumped in the front seat with his muddy paws, which flipped her out because she's a neat freak....

Sigh.... At least there are berries.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh man, you've had quite a day! But, at least there are berries! and cobbler...:somad and ice cream...:somad

But, I am getting my g'kiddos this weekend and at least part of next week - and diet be damned - we're gonna indulge in every fun thing I can think of - even ice cream!! Maybe even LOTS of ice cream!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Good lord, seems like every time I log in I see you guys chatting and then "Oh! I have ICE CREAM in the freezer!!" Your bad influence is not restricted to goats. :gig

Speaking of, DH put in a frost-free hose faucet near my goats! No more hauling buckets of water up a hole in knee-deep snow! I can get more goats now! After pack goat training is done, that's a limit I set for myself.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lol!!!

How hard is it to put one in? I shouldn't be lugging buckets this winter (nor do I want to, like ever). And DH often works like 36 hours straight in the winter so I kinda have no backup!

Edit- never mind you said faucet. I need a frost free hydrant. No water by the goats!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I wanted a hydrant - that would be even easier! (For me!)

Dang it, all this talk about goats and I forgot the ice cream. Until I checked back to this thread. :gig

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Definitely play the pregnancy card for all it's worth!! Get yourself a frost-free hydrant for the goats! I used pregnancy as an excuse for all sorts of stuff! Like reverse-osmosis water filter - I hate the taste of our well water. And A LOT of online shopping. I was on bedrest for most the pregnancy, and the part that I wasn't on bedrest I was dizzy and falling. So...... LOTS OF ONLINE SHOPPING! :confused:

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lol! Well I'm going to have to expand the barn next year because DH promised DD either sheep or alpacas when she finishes her fiber class.

Hey next year I can make goat milk ice cream!!

Now I have to ask DH about putting in a hydrant...

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So my husband doesn't cut me much slack. Other than lifting and things I'm not allowed to do, he's like yeah you're fine. He was with me for my natural childbirth and he said he realized how tough I am so he doesn't feel bad for me very often anymore! Lol

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Mine tried to be like that. Then I had a severe complication at 8 weeks, couldn't lift anything over 1 pound, bedrest, it was really scary. That took forever to resolve, status was "threatened miscarriage" for a couple months. Then I had preterm labor. I figured out how to check my cervix with first pregnancy (had preterm labor then too), so the second one I knew when to go in. Drove myself to the hospital in the middle of the night at 26 weeks. It ended up being a big deal, transported to a NICU hospital. DH stayed in the hospital with me for.... 5 days? Then bedrest again after that. It was absolutely maddening! After that hospital trip DH *really* changed his mind. He was super sweet, even CUDDLY and SYMPATHETIC when I was pregnant.

Stress aggravated preterm labor, so my logic was that every day I kept baby inside was worth about $20K (as compared to a day in the NICU), so I spent rather freely. Bought stuff to do in bed. Mostly fiber art stuff. Needle felting. Knitting. :love