Nuclear Evacuation Zones

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
Use this interactive map to see what 10-mile and 50-mile evacuation zones around U.S. nuclear power plants would look like, and the population that would be affected.

Nuclear Evacuation Zones

PLEASE - No political trolling. This is just straightforward info for preparedness information.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wow, interesting....from that map..we are safe! Whew! However, I thought there was one in Lawrenceburg , IN Not shown on the map. Hmmmmm.

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
justusnak said:
Wow, interesting....from that map..we are safe! Whew! However, I thought there was one in Lawrenceburg , IN Not shown on the map. Hmmmmm.
The power plant in Lawrenceburg is coal/nat. gas fired. Indiana was going to get a nuclear power plant near Hanover (Marble Hill) but the environmental folks and budget constraints stopped construction at around 80% completion in 1984. $7.1 billion (US) wasted. The buildings and site is in partial ruin now with weeds and vines growing almost to the rooftops. I used to fly over it at low altitude almost once a month.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I am very close to McGuire plants. Evacuation would be for me if anything happened at those plants but hey, as I said before, I am not worried at all. It happens, it happens, if it does not, then Grrrreat!

What I found interesting was the bottom of the page with the population increases located on the map. 'Growing Diversity' that was wild to check out also.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I'm w/in 50 miles of 2, and just over the 50 miles from a third. I'd have to move quite a ways away to get away from any of them.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
You also need to take into consideration, the wind direction............

chickenone

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I am smack dab in the middle of two of them.

I can't spend my life worrying about these things. What happens, happens. Life is unpredictable and uncontrollable and anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling him or herself.