Offtopic pictures of things you love.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@sumi you are living in a fantastic area. A lot of us European descendants would love to take a trip back to where we came from. My ancestors were Scottish and came to the Americas in the early 1700's.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Midnight sunsets? What is the weather the rest of the year?

Yes, you are truly blessed. I am so glad you got to Ireland, it must feel like a heavenly place to be.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Wonderful pics and history @baymule I love old stone buildings. It's a pity some of them are so expensive to to repair and restore their former glory though, that would be an incredible project.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
My main problem for doing things that I love is I STILL don't have my truck! I can't haul my trailer and there's no place to really ride on the farm. And I can't throw my canoe on top of my Dad's Blazer and even if I could get it up on the Jeep, I wouldn't. It's a lease, so I don't want to chance scratching it up.

CJ1

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It's 2 wheels and a motor. If you're happy on it then great. A friend of mine rides a buel and loves it. I rode it once and it was fun. But I grew up on cruisers and bobbers. It's in my soul.

I ride a 72 shovelhead I found in pieces. Came to me as a 74 inch motor but I voted and stroked it to 80 inches and dumped a five speed tranny into it. And threw a s&s stage two carb on it. Changed up the sprockets and threw a hard tail on it.

All told the build cost me 7 grand including buying it. But it smokes rice rockets until I get into turns.

Last edited:

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
My problem is it's not that comfortable on longer rides. It's fine for running back and forth to the farm. It's also great for rounding up horses that get out. But I ride w/a group. And, if we go on longer rides, depending on where we go, I either don't go, end up caging it, or am hurting by the time we get there.

CJ1

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I can understand that. My shovel isn't the most comfortable thing there is. On longer runs I'll generally just ride on the back of someone else's bike if my guy isn't there to take me. That hard tail will beat you up.

CJ1

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I try to stay limber. It helps with soreness after a long day at work. I'm not sure if I could do what I did in the picture now.

Ok checked, well I kinda can.

But I try to stretch well after I wake up and before I start working. I can definitely feel it at the end of the day if I don't.