Ohiofarmgirl'sAdventuresinTheGoodLand-where ya been? whatcha been doin

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
you said it, MP, i just walked out to open the gate for TBM to leave for work.... i'm gonna have to go and lay down now. ick with the heat!

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
thanks DL! i think i've recovered. mostly.

we got most of the work done to run the electric line over to the new pig area... but wouldnt you know we were one piece short so we'll have to go and get that today.

the pigs have officially bought themselves a one way ticket to "isnt that sad-ville."

last nite when i got into their pen to feed them one of them rammed me with his nasty pig nose. hard enough to hurt and if i wouldnt have had better footing (in the pouring down rain) he would have knocked me down. so ends my time in the pig pen. Kai and Dog#1 were close at hand... so i know they would have come in i would have called them.

but its over for me and the pigs. i'll be dumping their food over the side of the fence from now on and won't that be sad for them - no more milk at night. TBM can get in there with them and feed them in the morning. and their sad little tears and weepy eyes wont affect me at all. too bad suckas!

the only funny thing about it was that i looked and my short have a perfectly outlined pigsnout stamped on them - with mud. it looks like someone drew it. stupid pig. i cant wait to get them moved.

in other news, it was rain rain and more rain yesterday afternoon but today looks like we might catch a break.

happy wednesday!

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My dad always kept the feeder right next to the fence so he didn't have to get in the pen. We always fed them over the top - course we didn't have electric either.

Check your leg....does it have a pig snout bruise? :lol:

Show that one off at church! :gig

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I chained my rubber feed tubs to the fence this year. I haven't been in the pig pasture once since they arrived. It will be a sad day for them when they flip their water tub on a hot day when dh isn't home!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I hit the electric fence once w/my head when I was trying to fasten a gate. It knocked me to the ground! I actually didn't know how I got there for a few seconds. And, when I was working on putting up a section of fence, I didn't turn off the electric. I hit it w/my back. That did not feel good.

Oh, and have y'all read this? http://www.ramchargercentral.com/open-discussions/the-lawn-mower-story-real-funny/

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:lol: Deb that is one of the funniest things I have ever read. There is not a smiley that can convey how funny that was. Thank you for the link!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Deb, I just laughed and giggled all the way through that...i got caught with the chicken fence charger once...it was the charger itself while I was trying to figure out why it wasn't working. I had heart palputations for a few weeks after that one, it was quite a jolt for a small charger. Hope you are feeling better OFG