Organic Valley Omega 3 Milk

VickiLynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
A while ago, OV sent me a survey, asking what I thought of their idea of marketing milk with added Omega3 supplements. I responded that I would prefer my milk pure, and could handle my own Omega3 needs, thank you.

Apparently, I was in the minority because the Omega3 Milk is out now. This is the ingredient list:

Ingredients
Organic Grade A Milk, Refined Fish Oil (Sardine, Anchovy), Fish Gelatin (Tilapia), Vitamin A Palmitate, Vitamin D3

1708_mlk_hg_omega3_wh.png

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I am currently boycotting Organic Valley because of the way they are treating farmers that also deal in raw milk sales directly to consumers.

Not only that, they ultra-pasteurize many of their milk products. That makes it NON-FOOD in my book. It's a shame because they do have some good products like their pastured butter and their raw milk cheddar cheese.

Organic Valley represents themselves as wholesome, small farm type people. After their recent actions I now see them as greedy corporate tools. Why else would you make a frankenfood like fish oil milk??? Milk from pastured cows is naturally high in omega 3's. The only reason you would add it is for marketing spin or because your cows are stuck on a feed lot and do not get fresh grass.

Screw Organic Valley.

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
I am currently boycotting Organic Valley because of the way they are treating farmers that also deal in raw milk sales directly to consumers.

Not only that, they ultra-pasteurize many of their milk products. That makes it NON-FOOD in my book. It's a shame because they do have some good products like their pastured butter and their raw milk cheddar cheese.

Organic Valley represents themselves as wholesome, small farm type people. After their recent actions I now see them as greedy corporate tools. Why else would you make a frankenfood like fish oil milk??? Milk from pastured cows is naturally high in omega 3's. The only reason you would add it is for marketing spin or because your cows are stuck on a feed lot and do not get fresh grass.

Screw Organic Valley.
:gig TELL THEM WZ

I'm with you!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Before the raw milk BS and before we got our goats I was standing in the dairy aisle of Whole Foods looking at milk. All of the organic brands had various labels, pasteurized, ultrapasteurized, no comment, all mixed together. I was so frustrated and annoyed because I didn't want UP and ended up not trusting any of the labeling.
I got a goat. :D

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
LOL

I wish I had that option. My lot is too small and I think goat's milk tastes :sick

I just buy Farmer's Creamery Organic Vat Pasteurized, non-homogenized milk and cream now. It isn't raw, but it is as close as I can get in Colorado.

Just an FYI, you can have a cow on pasture for only 120 days/year and still call the milk organic. That rule has only been in effect since February. Before that they would take feed lot cows and give them organic feed then call their milk organic. While the new rule is an improvment, it is still deceptive. Organic doesn't always mean what you think it means.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
You are very welcome! :lol:

This is exactly why I have goats, chickens, pigs, and am frustrated with my turkeys! And a big garden!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
LOL

I wish I had that option. My lot is too small and I think goat's milk tastes :sick
You can't have tried it really, really fresh from a hand-milked goat....everyone says mine tastes like melted ice cream!