Our Simple Life on Rose Mountain

kimnkell

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hello,
My name is Kimberly Rose and my Husband is Kelly. I am 40 yrs old and Kelly is 49 yrs old. We only have one child that hasn't left the nest and he is almost 13 yrs old. We live on a 75 acre farm in Eastern Kentucky. We have been fortunate enough to have a great business for years and actually work from home and Hubby and I are together all the time....:D We have decided to semi retire this year and have built us a very small little cabin in the woods. It is tiny but will serve our needs and keep things simple as that's what we are striving for is to lead a simple happy life. We are going totally off grid with no electricity. I know this will be challenging at first but we are so excited to get started. We have been staying in it some throughout the winter but will officially be living there in a couple of months. We have our own milk cow for our milk and we also are starting to make cheese , sour cream , butter, butter milk and all those goodies... We have lots of chickens for meat and we also have rabbits to eat too, along with all the wild game that Hubby hunts as well. Here is a pic of our little cabin and I will keep you posted on our progress as we go along.

This is our little cabin
IMG_2478.jpg

IMG_2709.jpg

IMG_3409-1.jpg

IMG_3406.jpg

This is where our son will be sleeping
IMG_2839.jpg

This was our valentine's day dinner at the cabin
IMG_3570.jpg

IMG_3568.jpg

This was when a few of our friends were visiting
IMG_3431.jpg

Our first fire in the cabin
IMG_2829.jpg

IMG_2826.jpg

This is Kelly and I enjoying our first snow at the cabin

IMG_2459.jpg

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Beautiful cabin! You are taking on quite the lifestyle! I will definitely be keeping up with this thread... Nice to meet you

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Howdy there! We are neighbors! Im in Eastern Kentucky also!

:frow

Im also not very old.....by the way.

Rebbetzin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Looks like you are living some of our dreams! Love the stove too!!
I will be looking forward to reading on how things go for you.