Overdosing our babies

Florezian

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I don't understand how vaccinated people can complain about unvaccinated children as a health hazard.

Whatever disease in question is only going to affect those who are not vaccinated. Yes it is tragic if a disease can spread to 100 unvaccinated children (rather that 0 vaccinated ones).. but havn't their parents already come to terms with that risk? It's not like the vaccinated children are in danger.

Right? :/

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Florezian said:
I don't understand how vaccinated people can complain about unvaccinated children as a health hazard.

Whatever disease in question is only going to affect those who are not vaccinated. Yes it is tragic if a disease can spread to 100 unvaccinated children (rather that 0 vaccinated ones).. but havn't their parents already come to terms with that risk? It's not like the vaccinated children are in danger.

Right? :/
Not quite. This overlooks two things.

First, many vaccines are not 100% effective. Thus for some diseases there is still some risk to vaccinated persons, even though it is much *less* than if they were unvaccinated. Especially for people who, though vaccinated, have immune problems for whatever reason (medical condition, age, etc)

And secondly, not everyone is voluntarily unvaccinated. In reality quite a lot of people are unvaccinated NOT as a choice but because either they have a medical reason or because (especially in these days of widespread global immigration) it was not available to them; not to mention infants who their parents might want them to *get* vaccinated but they can't be *yet* (or have been vaccinated but not yet developed strong response to it).

Also, it overlooks the fact that vaccinated people may not be solely self-interested ;) and may be concerned about the possibility of a big outbreak of <whatever> even if many of those people chose to accept that risk. It can be a significant disruption to society, and significant expense, not to mention many of us do not like to see people suffer or die; so I think it is not unreasonable for people who themselves are vaccinated to still have concerns in that regard :p

There is also the "flip side" so to speak, but for the sake of brevity I am sticking to just responding to your particular concern.

Pat

Mattemma

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Professionals say a baby can handle MANY vaccines at once.I guess we are finding that out these days.

I say to each their own.Some people want every vaccine on the market,and some want none at all. Allow people to choose. I don't agree with the mandated vaccines.

My mom had diphtheria as a young adult.Perhaps her vaccine did not *take* or it wore off.Glad she survived.Sometimes you survive a disease and sometimes you don't.The same goes for the vaccines. I had no issues with vaccines as a little one,but 2 doses of a hepB vaccine as an adult caused quite a bit of health issues.

My biggest thing with vaccines(besides mandates) is that doctors are so keen on denying vaccine adverse events. Shoot, some common ones are listed in the inserts.We have the national vaccine fund to pay for injury,and 250k if you can prove a vaccine killed a loved one. But doctors continue to deny them when they occur.

Most countries do not have an injury/death compensation fund,but having one doesn't really mean much either.Most who apply get turned down.The program was created more to protect companies from suit rather than to help families,and yet the NVICP number is printed on the VIS papers you get...like you can just call and get some money easy peasy.

I would feel a lot better if there was acceptance of injuries and proven methods to help deal with vaccine injuires.