Overpopulation...how does this set with you?

Homemaker

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I am really interested in this topic.

MorelCabin said:
Anyone ever try searching for the TRUTH lately? About any topic??? Pick a topic and try and find the real truth...science seems to bias all it's studies in whichever direction will bring in more funding, law is not justice anymore, the medical system, now manipulated by big pharma, is not so interested in the individual patient anymore, and doesn't seem to be able to cure much unless you need stitches or a bandaid...and the government...well, we won't even go there...Everything on earth seems to be all smoke and mirrors, with no real answers anywhere. Is the ice really melting on the arctic? are the polar bears really going extinct? chemtrails? global warming? you can find the answers you want to hear on any topic...but where is the truth?
Yes! Thank you! My husband and I talk about that issue a lot. This is suppose to be the information age but, it seems hard to find the Truth amongst all the garbage. I am a firm believer in looking at the footnotes and resources of any book or article (if they even have any). But, even then only a small percentage of the work is done. You have to look into those resources too. And if any studies or stats are listed you would have to look into those too. How was the study performed, was it fair and unbias? you can spin anything if the stats are in your favor. I don't know about you but I have a lot on my plate. I don't have time for all of it. We aren't going to know the truth. Not in this lifetime. We are simple creatures with limited knowledge.

And I do believe there is a truth, something that a lot of my friends seem to disagree with. And now I am going to say something on here that I would never be able to say irl without people looking at me like I am crazy -I don't know much, but I know there is a devil and he really is the father of lies.

I found a few interesting things:

http://www.parenting.com/blogs/pop-culture/shawn-parenting/save-world-have-more-kids

http://www.demographicwinter.com/index.html

http://reason.com/archives/2008/02/26/why-are-people-having-fewer-ki

kstaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
Anyone ever try searching for the TRUTH lately? About any topic??? Pick a topic and try and find the real truth...science seems to bias all it's studies in whichever direction will bring in more funding, law is not justice anymore, the medical system, now manipulated by big pharma, is not so interested in the individual patient anymore, and doesn't seem to be able to cure much unless you need stitches or a bandaid...and the government...well, we won't even go there...Everything on earth seems to be all smoke and mirrors, with no real answers anywhere. Is the ice really melting on the arctic? are the polar bears really going extinct? chemtrails? global warming? you can find the answers you want to hear on any topic...but where is the truth?
If you want truth look within and all around you and see what was created by higher powers. That is where one finds truth.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
With scientific issues, fact is fact but most times people can take one small true fact and warp it into whatever they want.

Then there is scraps of truth...taken out of context, put into blogs/websites/etc. and all swayed for you to believe 'their' side of the issue.

Blogs/personal websites/etc. are not where one should go for true info.

I agree tho. So much info from scraps of truth out there it is scary what info people can get their hands on and warp out into craziness.
I guess it will never be easy to find the truth most times. I go with the gut on most issues...the gut is usually never wrong in steering you in a good direction lol

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
I call it information overload. To many TV and movies showing way more about blood and guts that I don't really want to see. (I get enough of that on chicken processing day). To many talk shows telling us how to think and they all seem to have opposing views on what our thought processes should be. Anyone who sits and watches all of that stuff has reason to be confused. As people are so often saying TMI.

FC you are right but I bet its not just your gut you are following. Its your heart, body, soul and brain that all work together. Unfortunately, not everyone seems to be able to make the connection between them all at the same time.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
You know 2dream...I know CBS, NBS puts on shows like a serial killer hacking people's body parts off, slicing throats, decomposed bodies found in forests, in trunks of cars---etc etc----BUT I BET they would not let you air your actual chicken processing in your backyard on those stations...:lol:

I would think they would say--tv shows are not real, they are acting a murder scene, whereas your chicken processing is killing live animals for food and it can't be handled by people :rolleyes:

when horrible fake is allowed it is OK, but a true life process probably would not be OK --yikes

We could get you to star on CBS one night as a special "What I Do in my Backyard" :lol:

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
You are most definitely correct....those images would "offend" someone and it would not stay long on the air. :rolleyes:

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
We could get you to star on CBS one night as a special "What I Do in my Backyard" :lol:
Yeah - and we could have all the CSI teams show up afterwards to pick through the feathers and reassemble the chickens. And the Criminal Mind folks could profile me.

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Toulle said:
I shouldn't post, as I swore off it....
Especially since my views on this always get flamed - with knee jerk emotional stuff rather than logic or common sense
but consider this:

Put a bunch of rabbits in an enclosure, free from foxes with plenty of food for them - what happens?
You all know the answer. They reproduce, fill the pen, eat all the food, and then die off leaving a wasteland that will take years and years to recover

What of those countries in Africa and such with famines running rampant? China, too? Too many people and not enough resources.
Anyone saying this can't happen to us has their heads in the sand.

And don't anyone tell me anything about having oodles of kids out of love or the bible told you to be fruitful and overmultiply - you can love one kid as well as 8 and biblical arguments have been used for some pretty silly stuff and therefore carry no weight with me.
If you must have a pile of kids around to feel loved then go adopt some.

And don't give me that about the rich are using up all the resources, while us po' folks is just suffrin - do the math if you can. Very small group of rich people aren't consuming nearly as much as the revolting masses, and the little knot of people called the upper middle class contribute far more to the greater good than other parts of society - especially the baby making zombies I am thinking of.

What can you do? You can do your part is what you can do. Have one, maybe two, then get fixed. I did.
Our generation is stuck with it, but we can make the world a better place for our great grandkids. Birth control birth control birth control. I cannot stress it enough.
Along with that pass the word. Tell everyone you meet every chance you get - there are too many people for the resources we have.
Be an advocate for smaller families.
Tell your kids.

It's a simple formula. Less people means more resources for them.
As to the retirement thing, about needing to raise the population to support the retirees: let the economic geeks figure that one out. We science and ecology geeks have been stuck having to deal with the problems they create for ages, it's their turn to have to work now.

Lastly - don't believe anything near half what you read on the internet. That article really really stinks of BS.
Anyone with an internet connnection and an agenda can pretty much put anything they want out there. My post is proof of that.
Thank you for injecting some reasoning into the argument. The elite make up a tiny portion of the planet. The richer we are, the more we consume, but I imagine the masses consume far more than a tiny number of "elite."