PamsPride's Journal-Free Kindle Downloads!

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
I hope the work from home job works out. I worked from home about six years and loved it!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Thank you all! I am really excited about my new job!
I am really looking forward to this new life change too! I just keeping looking forward to what my life is going to be like by next October...or even by May or June! But it is just getting to that point that seems to be so stressful some days!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
We're excited about our changes here, too, as it opens a whole new world to us - but it means making other decisions, too...like to farm or not to farm??

At first I thought I wouldn't want to give up the farming, but now... :hu

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I want to get more into farming and with this life change I will able to in about a year! I honestly can not ever imagine NOT wanting to farm! GASP!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
The problem for me is wanting to go out of town for a week and having to worry about someone caring for Poultry. The heifer doesn't need the every day care like the small animals do.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I am just at the point in my life that I really have no desire to go anywhere. Maybe once my kids are grown they will share more of the animals and maybe I will have a desire to travel then...but right now I just don't have the desire to go anywhere. All of my family lives close so I do no have to travel to see them like others do.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
We are at the same place with traveling....we were discussing retirement options for us and I told hubby that I want to stay in this house and just travel...even if we only take one long trip every year I think that would be great for us once the kids are out of the house. He wants to buy another piece of property with a cabin or something and I just don't want to start all over again with another mortgage in my 40s.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Considering the financial picture I think taking on ANY kind of large debt (house, car, whatever) would be a mistake right now. We are trying very hard to bring our mortgage down to 0 as fast as we can.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Well, my first 'day' on the job didn't go as good as I would have liked! I made great time getting the work done but I was not exact enough so that shorted both me and the company packages. I get paid per piece. So on the next packages I will have to be more careful and closer to exact. I know I can do it and it will only add a few minutes to my time. Plus, the more I do it the better I will be at it. I do enjoy the work and I do not find it to be hard at all. Today was my learning curve day! I will do better!!

I have earned enough points with my swagbucks for my 5 $5 Amazon Gift Cards for November already! I can only cash out 5 of the same item in a month. So now I am working toward another $50 AGC!

Today is another day closer to my Life Change! I have started to look beyond the event itself and look forward to a year from now and that has brought my stress level down some! I have planned most all I can to prepare for this. It is just a matter of getting the money to pull all of this together and that is what is taking the time! A nice financial windfall would really help in this situation! LOL! Oh well...one day at a time!

I was able to put together a fleece blanket for my mom today. She bought the kit from J's and I just had to cut it and tie it off. She wants me to do the same thing for one for my sister as a Christmas present. My mom's is a purple one with penguins and snowflakes...CUTE! I think I am really wanting one too but that was the only one the store had and I already have a nice fleece blanket.

I put my fleece sheets on my bed a few days ago, that I got free with my swagbucks, and it really does make a difference on how warm the bed is at night!!

The lady from church that usually has the corn also gives me apples and pears and she said I could come over anytime and pick apples and pears so I am hoping to do that this weekend. I am just hoping that she will still bless us with corn and apples next year even though I will not see her. With the Life Change will also come a change in churches for me...and I am ok with that. I am sure that if I were to call and just ask her she would! They are super nice!