PamsPride's Journal-Free Kindle Downloads!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
When it rains it pours...or so the saying goes!! Sigh....
DH has been driving my 15 passenger van back and forth to work, 55 miles EACH way! On Saturday morning HE HIT ANOTHER DEER with my van!! It cracked the bumper and put a dent in the drivers door. Think the bottom quarter (whole quarter) is one big dent! So not damaged enough to justify claiming on the insurance but it is enough to aggravate me every time I see it! I am going to see if he can take it to his buddy's shop and pop the inside panel off and push the dent back out.
Then Sunday when we came out of church the van had a flat tire!

Update on the car situation:
We are going to look at a car tomorrow! A 1996 Subaru: AWD, 128K miles, automatic, most everything replaced (front windshield so no cracks, starter, alternator, battery, front tires, belts), Needs back tires soon, I forgot to ask about the brakes. $2500 asking price.
We just pulled out the title to DH's old car and he has put on just over 100K miles in 3 years! So if he can get 100K miles in the next 3 years on this car that would be great! Insurance is giving us $1700 so we would have to come up with $800 (or less).

I told my MIL about us going to look at this car and she just went off on a tangent about not getting a car that is 10 years old and older because everything will be completely rusted out and the rusted pieces will just fall off and pull everything else down with it! She even offered to cosign on a loan for us (we have good credit so that would not be necessary anyways.) She wants us to get a loan and I am guessing a NEW car!

If this car can get him through at least the next 6 months (without him ruining it) I am sure that my brother would buy it off of us for at least $2K and then he can look for something else in the spring.

I hate feeling like we have to make an impulse decision with buying a car! But the gas is going to cost $800 a month for DH to continue to drive my van back and forth to work and of course I am home without a vehicle until we get another one. Plus who knows how much more damage he will do!!
UGH!! He hit the deer on Saturday morning at 5:30AM and WAITED until I was walking out the door to go to work at 1:30PM to tell me about it!!

I am working every weekend, 12 hours, in November at my security job, plus extra hours on Thanksgiving. My other job is going good! I am not getting as much work as I would like but so far it has worked out REALLY well with my life schedule! All of this money is getting saved and set aside for when life changes for me.

I am up to $118 in my Amazon account from my swagbucks and I have 4,183 points now...as soon as I get to 5,900 SB I will be able to get another $50 Amazon gift card! I am planning on getting a Kindle Fire with my amazon/swagbucks earnings! I am hoping to have enough in my account to get it the first week in December. After that I will be saving for a new laptop computer...possibly.

We are pretty sure that Chloe and Pinkie have both been bred now. It appears as though both Lily and Amber have come down with pinkeye so we are treating for that now.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Crap!

What the heck is going on luck-wise up this neck of the woods.....geesh. I drove past two more deer Saturday night on the way home.....

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
We got DH a car today. The Subaru I mentioned before. It is AWD! Which will be nice for him since it is snowing! Thankfully he will not have to drive my van any longer! The Subaru drives SO MUCH better than his old car!

I went to calling hours for a gentlemen from church and it upset me more than I thought it would. My dad passed away a year ago Nov. 4th and the family did a slideshow just like we did and this gentlemen looked so much like my dad and they even acted a LOT alike! Plus, I was just angry because I felt like the medical people just killed him!! He went to the hospital 7 weeks ago because he was running a fever and they said his white blood cell count was zero.... Leukemia...so they put him on TWO STRONG chemo drugs that shut down his liver and then he could never recover from that. They sent him home saying he had 2 days left and he lived for 7 more days. That was it! He was gone! It just makes me so angry!

I am just feeling emotionally drained tonight! The stress of this whole car thing, pending future life changes (that I just can not wait to be over with!!!), the economy and my own personal finances! I just have this dreaded feeling that the economy is going to collapse and I am just totally not prepared for it!

I think that maybe I just need some more sleep! LOL!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
A subaru is a good car! I wouldn't have hesitiated to buy it, and have bought a few used cars with alot of miles. My Volvo had 140K miles on it when I bought it and now my son is running it and it is running strong. I would never buy a new car...they simply are not worth it to me.
Going to the hospital these days is a scary thing...I've heard of a few cases that went something like that. It is sad that our medical system has gone that low...

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I would consider today to be a rather productive day! The more I get accomplished the better emotionally I am feeling!!
I called my insurance company...they emailed me a copy of my policy. I am emailing it to my cousin and he is going to see if he can get me some better rates! Right on my home owners it said: "If you insured your automobiles with us you could save $344 a year!" UGH!! We have had our auto AND our home insured with this company for 14 years!! DH was with them even before we got married!!

I called our credit union today and they said we should be able to do a home equity on the house to refi it then we would only have to pay about $500 in fees verse $3K-$5K in closing costs! My new payment will be $290 a month plus taxes and insurance. I am debating on having the taxes and insurance escrowed in. I will certainly be able to make the $290 a month without a problem. I know of people who have gone YEARS before the tax man every took their house. My property taxes are $1600 a year. If I can not be disciplined to save that every month on my own that will be a huge hit twice a year! ($800 a half.) The insurance should be under $1K a year. (That is still to be determined.) I am not sure if I will be able to come up with those large payments every year or if I am better off just paying it monthly. She said this should all only take about 2 1/2 weeks and be done before Christmas!

Two things on my to do list that I have been procrastinating done...or in the works! I think I only have two more MAJOR things left on that list left!

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
In the county we are moving to, it is too easy to lose your home because of taxes. Some counties (like the one we live in now) start bidding at the amount owed, then only 'make money' if the property sells for more. The county we are moving to decided to start bidding at market value, minus X dollars (depending on market value). A year or two after they started making gobs of money off properties, they passed an accelerated program. Now, once you are one year behind, proceedings begin. By two years, your property has gone on the auction block! They take out huge ads in the paper, listing thousands of properties to be auctioned every year. It's very scary!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
That just blows my mind! My neighbor behind me will be in big trouble if that happens! He is $10K behind on his taxes!! I thought it was only $13K so I had to check it out...he is down to $10K owed now!

One of the big things on my to do list that I need to get done is get the beneficiaries of our life insurances updated! Hopefully I can get that done on Monday.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Just popping in here. I am heading out to take the kiddos to a 'dinner and a movie'. We are going to CiCi's half price happy hour. $3 for an all you can eat pizza buffet. Then to the cheap seats movie theater for $2 each. I think we are going to see Spy Kids. Not something I want to see but for $12 is more for the experience and a fun time out.

I got a call today from a lady at church and she has nominated me...well 4 of my kiddos....to Shop with a Cop. I guess two other families were nominated so there is no guarantee that my family will be chosen. Plus it is in the next town over and she does not know if they will take a family that is outside their township.
Well....I called my mom to tell her that this might possibly happen and she acted like I was a bad person because I did not decline this and ask them to do it for my sister's kids instead of mine! WTH??? Then she said "because your kids have so much and her kids don't have anything." SERIOUSLY???? I must say that it really took the wind out of my sails.

Well, I am off to enjoy a few hours out with my kiddos!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Sounds like a fun time! I hope you enjoy yourselves immensely! :)

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
We went to CiCi's Pizza and it used to be $2.99 from 2-4pm. Well, when I go there it was $2.99 IF you got a drink otherwise it is $3.99. Drinks were $1.69. So I went ahead and got the drinks because it was only going to be basically .69 for a drink. Bummer! I told the kids that next time I might spring for the $6.50 popcorn with free refills and we would skip going out to eat next time. I want to see The Muppets when it comes to the cheap seats theater. On a bright note...we did have the whole theater all to ourselves!

I got to work every weekend in November at the security job and I got one weekend in December! I will not get to work there again until Christmas and New Year's now. I have not got a whole lot of work from my other job the last couple of weeks. Hopefully that will pick up soon.
I have earned $449 with my Swagbucks so far this year! I have $225 in my Amazon account now! All from Swagbucks! I was thinking about buying a Kindle Fire but now I am thinking about getting a Thrive Android Tablet but it is twice the price. I can't make up my mind! UGH! I have enough to get the Kindle Fire now but if I want the Thrive it is going to take me a couple more months to save up enough money. Hmmmm....what to do???