PamsPride's Journal-Free Kindle Downloads!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Sounds good. I'd like to start sweet potatoes, but didn't grow any last year. And, I've never had much luck starting them from store bought taters.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
Sounds good. I'd like to start sweet potatoes, but didn't grow any last year. And, I've never had much luck starting them from store bought taters.
I have heard that you have to make sure that the tip is not cut off of the sweet potato because it will not sprout if it has been.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I wanted to post a link to my blog because there is a lot of Kindle Candy out today that I thought would interest you all! If you don't have a Kindle you can download the Kindle for PC app for free on the Amazon homepage!
Pam's Pride Recommendations

Hqueen, thanks for the link!
Deb, I hope you can find some organic potatoes! You really only need one or two to get you started because you can pop the vines off and more will grow! I have heard that you can get 40 or more vines from one sweet potato!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Wow! That's a lot of slips! I called my parents to see if they had grown any last year, but they didn't. Next time I'm near a store, I'll have to look. W/the price of gas and needing to go to therapy 3x a week, I'm not making ANY extra trips if I can help it.