Pink Fox: its Raining...IN MY HOUSE! :/

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
They are too cute! Congrats on finally getting them - and I think getting two was a fabulous idea! My pygmy buck did have an issue getting the nubians bred...he's only about 19 inches tall, and they're HUGE. I had a little ramp that we propped up on a cinder block. I backed the does up to the ramp and it only took him a few minutes to figure it out. The only issue was that the ramp was kinda slick, so we nailed down some roofing shingles on it so he'd have traction, then - bada boom bada bing! :D

Don't know how old your little guys are, but they can be fertile at a very young age - but then - size is even more of an issue, lol. Maybe you can hold 'em up there, lol!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
lol i was thinking that...just give em a box to stand on LOL!

these guys are just 1 and 2 weeks old so a little while before they are old enough to breed, was told as young as 8 weeks for nigi bucks but i ont think ill have to be too concened at that point for shere lack of height LOL! theyll need more than a box to stan on at tht age and short of the girls laying own for them to breed LOL. can you imagine that sight though.

little little gold and white buckling is doing much better with the bottle today (he flat out refused yesterday...and refused at 8am when i offered breakfast, but at 9:30 he started making more noie than the typical squeeks theyve been making so i offered him some milk and once the nipple was in his mouth he took 6oz...then at lunch time, again had to wrestle to get the nipple in hismouth but once in he latched on and took 8oz...
little chino is pretty much a pro at the bottle but only taking 6oz a feeding, hes in nice conition though so im not worried...pribably just has a smaller "holding tank" lol
we whent out an enjoyed some sunshine but i think its going to be a couple more days before i move them outside an tobe honest thats more for the ogs than anything else...they NEED to get used to having baby goats around and essentially get to the point they ignore them unless they feel i need to know something.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
lessons in BABY goats...
Why walk when you can BOUNCE!
Tigger MUST have been based on a baby goat...
the only time these little guys arnt bouncing everywhere is when they are sleeping! LOL

and baby goats pee an awefull lot...i swear ive never met an animal that so efficiently converts milk to urine as the goat does LOL!

otherwise not much going on today...been pretty quiet...i FINALLY got notification that WBF tried to call me on October 19th...yup my phone is awesome lol...still hasnt told me if theres a voicemail yet LOL!
a little worried about the parentals who are currently right in sandy's path, they lost power a few hours ago, they have a generator so no worries about power, but they are no internet untill power comes back on obviously so im relying on little miss texts alot (my sister) to drop me an upate once in a while...you know...when she remembers...
theyll be fine, they prepped and battend down the hatches...but still...

it WILL be an early night tonight...im so tired.
bottles are done for the evening and the babies are snuggled in...so about an hour ill take the dogs out and then off to sleepy land i think

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i love spring when i have baby goats in the kitchen, and yes they do seem to pee A LOT! but after a while, it is nice for them to go outside.

btw- couches make good springboards!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
well the next 2 years are going to be MUCH tighter on the budget...BUT...the front acre of my property is getting DOZERED!
stopped in the bank, discussed everything, what i wanted to do how much i needed to get that section done and the numbers and the bank is scarily enough willing to lend...my crazy high credit score helped i think lol, im almost an 800!
going to make the budget tight paying it off over the next 2 years, but theres no pre-payment penalty so ill be throwing any extra cash i get from baby animals at the loan to pay it off asap.
clearing out the land may not seem like its got the potential to realy help right now, and it wont...but rates are LOW right now and waiting could end up costing me more...getting this one now will mean that i can keep moving forward over the next year to hopefully develop my "business"

i have decided that im going to focus on being primarily a dairygoat farm. going to look into what ill eventually need to do to make goats milk cheeses and sell them legally (ill also be doing soaps and lotions) (i knwo ill need to put in a seperate kitchen specifically for making the cheese hich certianly wouldnt have to be very fancy or large but would nee to pass whatever inspection the state requires.
and producing a realy nice quality mini nubians.

i still want a couple of pigs, some chickens and turkeys, a couple of horses one day way down the line and MABE some alpaca or llama for wool production, but the wool eggs and meat would be primarily for me...while the milk products would hopefully actually bring in some revenue.

so yeah...this is one seriously large step forward...once that front parcel of land is cleared thats a huge road block off my list, a chainsaw will take care of much of the rest of the property.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That is totally awesome! I know you've been wanting to get that off of your 'to do' list - and it looks like it's gonna happen. Way to go!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
wish there was a cheaper way to do it, but yeah least itll be DONE and ill be able to breath...not only will it mean i can move forward with projects like perimeter fencing..but itll also mean my property value (land) will increase meaning my house will be worth more if i ever decide to sell...

as a sie note...
heres a better picture of "the boys" lol
001-2.jpg

gold and white is Aspen
cocoa in front is Chino.

now both are supposed to be pure blood nigerian, chinos daddy is triple registered and aspens daddy double...
but chino has a slightly pygmy look about him so i think theres probably some pygmy in momma.
aspen howver looks SERIOUSLY dairy, look at that little face lol.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Chino definitely looks stockier and heavier boned. He certainly could have some pygmy in the background.

Whatever his background - he's totally precious!

I won't have babies again until late January and they will be pygmy/nubian crosses. I guess I need to go ahead and register the first pygmy/nubian crosses with the Kinder association so that I can actually call them Kinders instead of constantly referring to them as "crosses."

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i heard about that whole "kinder" fiasco...realy buggs me that theyve been allowed to copyright a breed...makes me wonder what i can go around copyrighting...

cant wait to see pictures of your babies :D

thanks deb, aint they stinkers?! lol