Pink Fox: its Raining...IN MY HOUSE! :/

WendyJ

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Nice place, sounds like it has tons of potential. Sigh.... Around here, prices are so high 60,000 wouldn't even be a down payment on something like that, if you get it I could enjoy following your dream. ;)

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oh I wish, I don't have the money to even consider it...or the funds to do it up...or the health to pull that kind of job off on my own...but I can dream lol.todays plan is to start on the buck fencing in the back pasture and do some more work on the dog crate bunny tractor...the angoras have moved out and the lops have moved in and im just seeing some ways I can make it more efficient by mounting the house outside the cage ot give them more room and modifying the esitcing flooring a little bit to make grass acess easier for them...right ow the baring is just spaced stoo closely.

I also need to figure out the gate hanging method...I can order the t-post wedgeloc gate hardware online BUT...im wondering if I can make something else work a little cheaper...its light weight mesh gates, so im wondering if I can configure chainlink hardware to work on the heady duty t-posts...or if not if its feesible to slip a chainlink tube OVER a heavy duty tpost...
we cant dig in the back pasture where I need the posts set...its all layers of slate and shale and rock...we broke the post hole digger this weekend trying lol, dinged up the blades dad thinks he can hammer it back out though...broke a shovel too (needs a new handle) the heavy T-posts however pound in fairly easily with a post pounder so...
im gonna run to TSC in a few and see what thye have interms of chainlink hardware, ill get the male hinges and give it a ry before pounding the t-posts in...if it holds well then were good to go...it not ill probably try putting the chainling tube post over the t-post and see if that works..they are, afterall, just hollow metal tubes and we did that with some PVC fence at the old house (using t-posts then just popping the pvc fence posts over the top and tada, was pretty dang secure too) since this fence will have electric backup inside to stop the goats rubbing on it anyway it only needs to be secure enough to hold a 4ft galvanized tube gate...and they are lighter than the chainlink gates that are up around the backyard so...heres to hoping.
need to get this done this week and get the boys separated out...
hen itll be a case of cleaning out the barn and getting it ready for the cooler weather, and putting up the car ports for bunny covers and rearranging the rabbitry.
busy busy.
also ontop of my therapudic riding I found someone locally who, while she hasn't set a price and I explained clearly im BROKE, has invited me round to meet her horses, shes just a horse owner whos been riding all her life and seems shed be willing to possibly exchange chores for rididing lessons...
if I can do once a week in PA and a couple times a week locally...that would be awesome!

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Fantastic on the rising stiff Pinky! That is terrific that you've found such a great program. It sounds perfect. I can't wait to hear more about it.
Congrats on getting the bathroom done some more. That is a good feeling! Can't wait to see pics of that too!

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Congrats from me as well, as I'm praying your family eventually realizes what a gem they have in you!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
just a sneak peek of the bathroom
10644853_10204996779502201_2031067565483309608_n.jpg

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thank you, ive had that sink sitting in box waiting to be used at the TN house for 3 years...im glad its finally got a home :) this bathroom is pretty much my design, mum choose the paint color and I just worked around that, just needs some finishing touches now, I want to add some shelving above the toilet (so I can put some baskets up that some of MY daily bathroom stuff can get tucked away into since its all pretty much still in a box)
and a few little decorative pieces here and there...
im realy happy with how its coming out...

not sure whas going on today, its damp and kinda chilly, its hinting at rain, the weather ap on my computer issnt showing anything but it also says 0 wind and dads windmill and the wind chimes seriously beg to differe, there having a full out concert out there!
id like to work on rearranging some hutches...but I dont want the buns getting rained on in the process...

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
It was really windy at my house this morning, too. Looked like it was going to rain any minute, but there was nothing on the radar. Very odd.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
It was windy and cloudy today, but we didn't get any rain either. They're calling for showers tonight, but so far, nothing.