Pink Fox: its Raining...IN MY HOUSE! :/

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
me too and I an have my big kid grilled cheese and my fave salad for about 28g net carbs total (yes ill be getting some glute but after the past couple days I deserve some cmfrt food lol

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
well while im sure some at least will go to waste I now have in the mni fridge (which is set as cold as itll go)
2 turkey meatloaf mixes (enough to make 2 servings per mix)
4 sweet andsour (no sugar added :D), this will get serves with cauli rice
4 Cheesy chicken and sausage casserole, bake it up with cheese on top (the caulis already in)
4 beef and peppers (for phili chese steak)
1/2 lb of chicken to use for a stirfry (which is always best fresh)
and theres 4 servings of crockpot ginger beef (which will b served over shredded cabbage) in th crockpot.
im HOPING the fridge will freeze it...HOPING, im most excited about the casserole an the ginger beef, but evrythignelse seems to have come out pretty good too.
kitchen looks a mess but any meat that was actualy defrosted is now cooked and I should at least be able to eat some of it.

tomorrow ill go through the coolers again and see if anything else has defrosted to the point of "MAKE ME" and thatll likely be the theme of the month...cook and eat things asap once they thaw out...only problem is this is not a big fridge and im not sure if it will manage to freeze thigns though...but I figure once frozen I can start to rotate out using them as ice blocks and freezing the next batch, then as the first batch starts to show signsfo defrosting swap them out again...hopignthat would also save me on ice runs lol.

im doingeverythingi can at this point to hold it together.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Good luck keeping the food! That is tough for sure!
Enjoy your panera!I love that place!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
well the overnight low last night helped and the mini fridge is freezing things YAY!
kindaan annoyance having to go in and out everytme i need something but trying to plan ahead lol
today i tried the cheese chickn and sausage with cauliflower, good but i think next time just chicken :)
ginger beef is in the oven warming through with some nappa cabbage, also got some mixed veg set aside to get a quick stirfry to go with it.
i also made low carb scotch eggs (recipie said 6, i got 8 out of the meat mix) those are cooking now, they'll make a nice simple easy to grab lunch along with a cheese stick :)
otherwise not much going on, goend of the month bills out, chatted with momma on Skype, cookd and chilled, feeling a little run down today dunno if its my body detoxing but ive got a fever blister/cold sore, a scratch on my hand is mildly infected and ive got a nail bed infecton that is ANGRY oww that i keep having to stick a needle into to relive the pressure and pain in my finger...definatly notmy ida of fun.

but Panera ws goo, hanging with friends was nice and i tuned into a great evening...
plus i got home and was seriously craving desert (probably all the yummy pastries, so i took about 1/4 a cup of whipping ream, a scoop of cocoa and a little liquid stevia whipped it up, tada 1net carb (probably less since 1 pack of splenda only has about 1 g carbs and i used about 1/2 pack) and YUMMY!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Isn't it just heavenly that you can have PURE CREAM on a low carb diet!?! I've been know to add Truvia to it, a splash of vanilla and pretend it's a milkshake....dang good stuff....little coffee powder and cocoa and instant mocha!

Gotta finish my grilled salmon salad and I might just go skim some cream offa some goat milk and make something delicious out of it!

Thanks for the idea!

Corn Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Pink I am way late to this conversation but my mom had problems with yeast, and mold(s) made her far more sick. I wonder if your moisture problem could be causing mold spores that are affecting your health in a severe way. She also had adrenal fatigue and was hyper sensitive to smells much like you. Currently I am battling with adrenal fatigue I drink organic oat straw tea for the adrenal fatigue and have found it to be very helpful.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oh I Do definatly 100% have mold in the house, its heavy in the attic and it forms in any drawers/walls on furniture that's against walls ect...its one of the many reasons im having to move, I just flat out cant afford to fix all the issues and my health wont let me stay with all the issues...I have to line my drawers with absorbent bed liners just to keep the moisture from pooling in them, and I tossed a bunch of clothes so moldy I didn't think even bleach would cure it...
unfortunately all these problems had been cleaverly hidden when I got my inspection done when I bougth the place...
im hoping getting out and away from the mold will help, the diet seems to be, at least for energy, though the pain is still there which is super frustrating...
I might have to try the adrenal spport stuff and see, I mean it would make sense that id be dealing with that too right now.

in other news. gas bill came in today $30 higher than usual, this past month kicked butt on the heat and it stings...when your budget realy does fall to pennies, an extra $30 is NOT easy to scrounge out...

got to start making some calls to make arrangments to get things shut off at the end of the month, internet, water, gas and electric...will need to close the bank account down too so that means ive got to get my direct deposit stopped prior to that to make sure theres no crazy screw-ups on that...
got to call the loan company for the car and double check they are having the eg paperwork forwarded to NJ since I haven't heard anything back about that and got to get my tuckus in gear selling the few things that I need to sell before the move.
3 weeks...

today the birds are chirping happily outside...wonder if anyone told them mother nature is about to have another hissy fit with sleet and ice and lows in the singles again. *grumbles*
come on spring...wake up!

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Too bad you can't sue for the mold issues being hidden. That is not ok.
How yall didn't get hit too hard with the storm.

Latest posts