Ranting on my coworkers

BeccaOH

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Another morning of feeling frustrated with stupid people.

So, you buy a fancy insulated lunch bag to carry your lunch in. It is to keep the cool in and the heat out. Right? Your lunch would be fine sitting in that bag underneath your desk for 3-4 hours (in an air-conditioned office for goodness sake), don't you think? No! You have to put your bag in the refrigerator. Times this by ten others who think the same and there is no place for my little bowl of leftovers to even fit in the frig. :he I just don't get it.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I think we may work in the same place..... I bring my lunch in its insulated bag with an ice pack and it sits in my cupboard. I bring a water bottle and want to keep it cold in the fridge and there's no room. :rolleyes:

JRmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I carried my lunch to school every single day in elementary school... in one of those old metal lunch boxes that were not insulated. And I lived to tell you about it! :D And there were plenty of times I had tuna or egg salad sandwiches.

BeccaOH

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
JRmom said:
I carried my lunch to school every single day in elementary school... in one of those old metal lunch boxes that were not insulated. And I lived to tell you about it! :D And there were plenty of times I had tuna or egg salad sandwiches.
Me too! Paper bag lunch in my locker all the way through high school.

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
Yeah, my lunchmeat sandwiches and yogurt were always fine in my locker when I was in school. LOL.

Can we all rant on our coworkers in this thread, or would that be hijacking? I've got a coworker that sits next to me that makes non-stop mouth smacking noises. YUCK.

BeccaOH

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
aggieterpkatie said:
Can we all rant on our coworkers in this thread, or would that be hijacking? I've got a coworker that sits next to me that makes non-stop mouth smacking noises. YUCK.
Go for it!

I would have ranted through Facebook to ask the question, but too many of them are my friends. I made a comment about the bags in the frig one day, and a younger coworker just stared blankly at me. :rolleyes:

JRmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
At my last place of employment, my coworker who sat right next to me, only 3 feet away, would have nosebleeds all the time. Yuck! He would sit there all day with bloody kleenex on his desk. Turns out he had a certain drug problem... duh!

BeccaOH

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
JRmom said:
At my last place of employment, my coworker who sat right next to me, only 3 feet away, would have nosebleeds all the time. Yuck! He would sit there all day with bloody kleenex on his desk. Turns out he had a certain drug problem... duh!
Nasty!

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
BeccaOH said:
I would have ranted through Facebook to ask the question, but too many of them are my friends. I made a comment about the bags in the frig one day, and a younger coworker just stared blankly at me. :rolleyes:
so sad ... it is true! My department vp wanted a place to keep his injectable meds. He ended up buying a mini fridge for his office because the employees' fridge was filled with insulated lunch bags! He had a dept meeting just to discuss the wonderful invention of INSULATED Lunch Bags! I kid you not!

:lol:

BeccaOH

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
keljonma said:
BeccaOH said:
so sad ... it is true! My department vp wanted a place to keep his injectable meds. He ended up buying a mini fridge for his office because the employees' fridge was filled with insulated lunch bags! He had a dept meeting just to discuss the wonderful invention of INSULATED Lunch Bags! I kid you not!

:lol:
LOL I've considered suggesting a meeting or at least a notice from HR. ;)

Edited to say I feel old :old when I notice that it mainly seems to be the 20-somethings using these bags in the frig. And one girl's bag has to be 12x12x4 at least. :duc