Saving Money on bottles water??

fancie217

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
thank you all. My brother went into the military so he lent me his cullagin filter thig. it only does one pint at a time, but while my hubbys away I fill it up and fill up the plastic bottles we have. he hasn't said anything yet. I couldn't taste the metal taste anymore myself.

I will try some of the other ideas as well

Thanks again.

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
Glad you found something to use.

We have a Big Berkey water filter. The British designed it to be able to drink any water, even from stagnant ponds or mud puddles. Royal Doulton (fine china) makes the filters. The filters are cleanable and reusable and we've used the same filters for 2 years. We love it and glad we don't have to buy filters every other month. That seems wasteful of our resources, anyways. Overall it is cheaper than Britta and the like.

At a glance:
http://www.drinking-water-filter-sy...cation-system-with-black-berkey-elements.html

erthymom2

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
i mix up a large gallon of decaf iced tea and dump a 16 oz, bottel of store-brand snapple flavored juice into it. that way if i crave mango/strawberry/tea in place of plain bottled water - i grab a recycled clean soda bottle and just take what i want from my mixed gallon.

p.s. you can do the same thing with plain spring water in place of the tea and add the snapple- type mix....tastes like those protien drinks you get for 1.00 or 1.50 at wally-world.

Reaction score
When we lived in Ca. our well water was gross. Bad taste and kind of oily . We were buying 2 gallon jugs of water. My mother came to visit and was aghast. She bought us a water pitcher filter by Brita. It was great. Now we have a fridge with a filter built in for the water supply. We used it in Castle Rock for city water but don't need it here. Our well has great tasting water.

Carri

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
The Brita pitcher is great and so is the PUR System, which hooks up to your faucet. We have really bad water here in Norco and the PUR System is just as good, if not better, than bottled. I bought two plastic water jugs and DH and I just fill those up.