self sufficient parenting, keeping gov out of our homes

mandieg4

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I guess the part that bothered me the most was the part where they take the kid away from the parents because the kid didn't want to go to church 3 times a week and the parents were making him. If they can legally justify that, then there is a whole slew of things a judge can decide to take kids away from their parents for. It seems like a very sleep slippery slope.

yourbadd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I watched the entire video. I do think the scenarios were depicted with much bias, as any organization would do. However, the intrusion of the government into my home, into my children's lives is unacceptable. I suspect our founding fathers didn't see it as necessary to include wording that makes a parent the decision maker for their child...they no doubt expected future generations of law makers to have and use common sense.

I've heard it directly from the @ss's mouth(by that I mean most politicians) that because they are college educated and have been given this power by the voters that they know better than us what our children need. I know many college educated folks who would be hard pressed to find their way out of a wet paper sack and power doesn't equal knowledge, it equals corruption and too large egos.

Just my 2 cents as a mom who thinks the government needs to know it's place...which is NOT in my home.