Sufficient Self's Bible Study Group

Old Sew'n'Sew

All Strings Considered
Reaction score
Hi all,

DH and I drive 25 miles one way for our Sunday and Wednesday meetings. This morning everything was encased in ice, the car doors were frozen shut but DH was able to force them. We are already living at over 3,000 ft. but we have to go over a mountain that is a little higher than here to get there. Everything in sight was glittering like crystal in the winter sunrise. This is not unusual for our area but today was particularly ethereal!

We enjoyed a talk about continuing to walk with God and what it means to walk by Gods direction. Then we studied and discussed becoming "fishers of men" and how to encourage them to advance spiritually after they have become Christians.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In my last installment we left humankind in a very sad state. Adam has just lost Paradise for all of his family, they can not return to the the warm comfortable and secure Garden of Eden. Not even so much as a drink of pure water from the head waters of the Rivers Pi'son, Gi'-hon, Hid'-de-kel, or Eu-phra'-tes. They will tell their children of the place that they found when they were exploring the Gihon River one day, and when they stooped down to get a drink, why there was an outcropping of pure gold gleaming from the bottom of the pool, so they spent the whole day there in that spot. Now they could never go back there. There are Cherubims and a flaming sword that rotates in every direction to prevent them from even getting a meal, and it is going to be cold outside so they have to wear these scratchy and crude animal skins. What will they do when the children start coming along? Has God abandoned even the innocent unborn of Adam and Eve? What will the future be like now? Old age, sickness, quarreling, hatreds, war, famine, death?

Wait there is hope!

Which scripture passage give hope to Adams children and also happens to be the first prophecy in the Bible? :caf

Rebbetzin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
PickME.gif

This one?

Genesis 3:14-16

14 So the L_RD G_d said to the serpent:
Because you have done this,
You are cursed more than all cattle,
And more than every beast of the field;
On your belly you shall go,
And you shall eat dust
All the days of your life.

15 And I will put enmity
Between you and the woman,
And between your seed and her Seed;
He shall bruise your head,
And you shall bruise His heel.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
That's what I was going to say. Did you know one of the constellations is called the serpent slayer and if you look at the stars from a Christian viewpoint, the whole story of salvation is written there?

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
That's what I was going to say. Did you know one of the constellations is called the serpent slayer and if you look at the stars from a Christian viewpoint, the whole story of salvation is written there?
I didnt know that! Very interesting!

ScottSD

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone has brought up this book, but I just finished reading it and it is awesome!

http://heavenisforreal.net/

Have any of you read it?

If not, I highly recommend it.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I read it and liked it...my 25 yr. old son was inspired by it and has renewed a closer walk with the Lord after he read it. He was in a spiritual slump but seemed to get a fresh breath of wind after reading this book. I recommend it highly.

ScottSD

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
I read it and liked it...my 25 yr. old son was inspired by it and has renewed a closer walk with the Lord after he read it. He was in a spiritual slump but seemed to get a fresh breath of wind after reading this book. I recommend it highly.
It definitely does draw one in, and I have to admit that my walk with the Lord is closer as a result...well that and the Daniel Fast I am currently doing.