Switched Back to Well Water

mrbstephens

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
It is the same guy. He said it looked fine but mentioned it could go at any time....or not.

terri9630

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'd call another well company. Get another opinion/quote.
We had to replace our pump and we had rust in our water for a few months after. Two seperate well places said it was because we had disturbed the pipes and caused surface rust to come loose from inside the pipes. We added a filter and it corrected the problem.

If the well hasn't been used for some time you could have something similar. Have someone add a filter and check the pressure on your takns air bladder.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
We thought we were going to have to put in a new well last year, but it turned out to be just the pump. But, we were w/out water for several days.

terri9630

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
We thought we were going to have to put in a new well last year, but it turned out to be just the pump. But, we were w/out water for several days.
That's stinks doesn't it! Fortunately when our pump went out we had the water tanks in the camper and horse trailer full. Almost 200gal total plus another 200 in the horses water trough. I have since bought a 300gal and 250gal water tanks, just in case.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Where did you get them, and how much are they?

terri9630

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The water tanks? I bought one for my boss. The 250gal tank is made to go in the bed of the pick up. The other I bought at an auction. The local cookie factory sells the big 300gal square tanks that they get their molasses in.

mrbstephens

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
WELL, guess what? (pun intended) The plumber came, replaced that faucet, changed a valve, and........PRESSURE and CLEAN WATER!!! HA! and they told me the well was no good. :rolleyes: