TALchemist - back and moving along

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It's so refreshing to see someone excited about a Monday! :lol: Sorry, couldn't resist and I'm excited right a long with ya! ;)

We bought our land on June 19, 2009, and when it went through so quickly, I know I forgot to breath for about 2 days as I just couldn't believe it had actually happened...we were finally property owners! :D We've been here, "officially" for 3 years now and I make sure to have celebratory "forget to breath" moments every June 19th and September 22nd, in honor of those special occassions! :lol:

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Same here. I looked at the calender today and thought, tomorrow's the first. Hope TAl gets some good news!

TAlchemist

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
great, now it looks like i wont know till some time this week....i just dont have a clue anymore. i dont mind waiting if i am told exactly when i need to wait till but this is "oh i guess we will find out some time this week"

i just got to foucs on whats going on right now and try not to obses over it since there is nothing i can do to make it happen any faster than it is going to happen...just kind of frustrating.

at least today was pay day and i am only one more paycheck from being ready for the 20% downpayment.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Well that's something at least. Hopefully you'll hear B4 too long. :fl

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Bummer on not hearing anything today but you have plenty of company waiting along with ya! :hugs

TAlchemist

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
i was at the feed and seed place at lunch getting rabbit feed and i saw thier seeds for cover/deer crops. i had an idea for my land since if i get it i wont have much time to work to much on planting beds for next year. i was thinking of getting a few pounds of seeds and broadcasting them over the areas i would like to plant next year...i may change my mind but i doubt anything i plant will harm the grass pasture.

my idea is cutting with my big mower really close to the ground, then running a drag harrow over it to try and rip the dirt a little...it might just bounce...or not work.
then broadcast some seeds for kale, field peas, clover, and turnips.
let them grow as much as they wish.
hand then them somewhat as rabbit treats once i get out there.
in the spring till them and the area down.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sounds good to me. I might have to give that a try myself. I could plant a couple of pens and let the chickens on it first and then let the pigs do clean-up. Thanks for the idea!

TAlchemist

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
well isnt this a fine mess.

the owner and the buyer still havent completed a deal because the tennants in one of the houses on the 3 parcels wouldnt leave till this week instead of the end of Sept. and they demolished/ransacked the house to boot. now there is someone trying to estimate/fix the damage and the buyer is going to tour it to determine if he wants to buy it.

my dad seems to want me to look elsewhere for property even though if the buyer backs out i should be getting owner finaincing from the owner...i dont think my dad wants me to do that. (it would be the best thing for me since no banks) i guess he is worried i will do somehting to harm his friend???? i dont know.

any way i am looking elsewhere. looking only for owner financing too...it is easier...i hate banks. did find some 20+ acres for almost the same price wiht possible owner finaincing about the same distance from work in the opposite direction....but it is raw land used for hunting right now. (so good deer/turkey/hogs) which could also mean trouble for hte garden...or free food for the freezer :)

at least some good news...unless something goes wrong or changes i might be getting married in May :D

Latest posts