TALchemist - back and moving along

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Everything happens for a reason. Keep us updated.

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:caf

Well, I had to start at page one to read all that's been going on! First, congrats on the engagement!

The land deals are so troubling, aren't they! Looking back on my search for land, we had an aquaintance that strung us along for TWO years. I can't believe it went on for that long...

Owner financing can really be a win/win! Ask your dad what's going on. Maybe he's afraid that the guy will take advantage of you?

Meanwhile, I'm in the peanut gallery....:caf

Happy to be Me

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Hope things work out quickly for you on the land! Congrats on the upcoming wedding!

TAlchemist

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
well now my dad is reassuring me that the land will work out...it will just take some time to sort out...i am just not sure when talking to him. it is just kind of frustrating being told something different everytime i talk to him. and there are no deadlines that seem to mean anything.

so i will just spend my time in town, waiting, planning, and one day it will be here....or not.

worrying wont help, and i havent found anything else that will work for me. so i will just let it float and save my money....well since i have my goal i am spending a little too....olr i will be at my goal on tuesday...the last payday for getting the down payment.

TAlchemist

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
i officially have the full downpayment in my bank account....and it looks like my most likely next series of events will be that sometime around FEb/March i will get the septic system installed and then around March/April i will get a single wide mobile home put on the property. then in May we will get married and move out to the land :)

since i have the downpayment i will be buying a nice ring by Nov (i have to wait till my second paycheck in nov for the money)

so my guess is that by the end of May i will be married and living my dream on the land...building a family and a farm....it is so exciting...and a little scary but i welcome it.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
That's great! Good luck and congratulations.

TAlchemist

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
finally i here something about the land. onyl a full month behind schedule.

my dad talked to the owners of the 8 acres. it looks like their deal with the third party fell through and they want to make an offer for me. the 8 acres plus the 5 acres across the road with a small cinderblock house and a pond for $65k. dad has a friend with a local mortage company who thinks i can get a USDA 0% down mortgage for it. if i can qualify i will have 13 acres, a 2-3 acre pond and ready to move into smaller house. so i just need to talk to the banker and see what i can get.

also due to family scheduling issues it looks like i will be getting married alot sooner, like Dec 15. her brother is stationed in belgium right now and will only be in town till christmas. that would give us a week long honeymoon cruise then christmas. we are still working on details, is that going to work and can we find a place....but if that falls through we wont have her brother there and she really would like him to be.

so here is wishing to the best christmas ever!
:weee

Latest posts