this place is worthless for my needs

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
If you sell processed meat, it must be processed by a USDA facility. You can use a custom facility but are supposed to sell the live animal to your customer.
Might ought to check up on the state and federal laws regarding selling meat. Don’t want you getting in trouble.

What you are describing for your own consumption sounds like how it used to be done. I’ve processed hogs before. One minute they are happily eating a watermelon or other treat, next second they are dead, no fear, no pain.

Finnie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have one now named Soup. I think as soon as he gobbles, I’m going to force myself to do the deed. :gig
I was trying to remember where I had posted about my turkey named Soup. Ha ha we had a good thread going here until the OP changed the title!

Well anyway, here is Soup today. I finally have one turkey processing under my belt.
EBDC821A-C922-41AF-A8AE-F9A0568EC901.jpeg
I’m planning to dry brine him for a couple days and then roast him for Christmas dinner.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I was trying to remember where I had posted about my turkey named Soup. Ha ha we had a good thread going here until the OP changed the title!

Well anyway, here is Soup today. I finally have one turkey processing under my belt.
View attachment 21851
I’m planning to dry brine him for a couple days and then roast him for Christmas dinner.

looks like it is lounging there like on summer vacaytion at the beach... almost... :) congrats and happy turkey feasting!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

View attachment 21851
Good job! Those wing feathers are hard to pull out. I use a good pair of vice grips.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Finnie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
@Finnie congratulations on your first turkey! It’s going to make one fine Christmas dinner!
He turned out pretty good. A little bit undercooked in some parts, but I’ll just put those parts in the soup when I make it and cook them a little more. Most of the meat is cooked just right though.
E917A683-C1A1-46EF-81E8-AC2ECC9AD3A6.jpeg