VickiLynn - Finding The Balance

VickiLynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My name is Vicki (well, actually Victoria, but thats way too much name for me). I live with my husband and 8-year old son a small farm. Our two older sons have moved out. We used to milk cows, but sold them a few years ago. I really miss that fresh milk, but having our weekends free is a great trade-off.

Ive been lurking here, and have finally joined because Ive been trying for a long time to steer us toward a more self-sufficient and healthier lifestyle, and you guys seem to have the answers to a lot of my questions. Although, your answers often lead to more questions! They also often lead to a lot of laughs! (Laughing with you, not at you).

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:frow and :welcome from another Vicki

Do you know how hard it is to get tomato stains off a white ceiling
Why, yes I do. Which is precisely why they will become part of the - um, lets call it "natural decor" that my house seems to gather. You know - along with the chicken feathers, dirt from the kids and dog, the bucket of scraps on the counter waiting to go out to the chicken, etc. :lol: It all works together.

Aidenbaby

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Welcome to the boards.

Java, is THAT why I have a rabbit in my bedroom right now? LOL Decor? :idunno

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:yuckyuck

I think I already welcomed you, but in case I haven't WELCOME!

Weve increased the garden this year, from three 50 rows to four. It seems like a good idea now, but in July, when its 90 out and I have to weed it, with sweat dripping in my eyes and bugs buzzing around my head, Im sure Ill wonder what WAS I Thinking?!? Ill have to depend on this forum to keep me motivated.
Mulch, woman! Mulch! :lol: Ruth Stout was right :)

Up-the-Creek

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Welcome Vicki! It is always so nice to see new people here.
:welcome
What kind of chickens did you get??? I love chickens,...:love I only have 23 right now. :D

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
welcome!!

and heck, do ahead and laugh AT us.. thats just fine. the more the merrier!

:)

VickiLynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Javamama said:
:frow and :welcome from another Vicki

Do you know how hard it is to get tomato stains off a white ceiling
Why, yes I do. Which is precisely why they will become part of the - um, lets call it "natural decor" that my house seems to gather. You know - along with the chicken feathers, dirt from the kids and dog, the bucket of scraps on the counter waiting to go out to the chicken, etc. :lol: It all works together.
Sounds like you're a member of the "clean enough to be healthy, dirty enough to be happy" club, too. I finally painted over the tomato stains - it looked too much like a crime scene.

VickiLynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
noobiechickenlady said:
:yuckyuck

I think I already welcomed you, but in case I haven't WELCOME!

Weve increased the garden this year, from three 50 rows to four. It seems like a good idea now, but in July, when its 90 out and I have to weed it, with sweat dripping in my eyes and bugs buzzing around my head, Im sure Ill wonder what WAS I Thinking?!? Ill have to depend on this forum to keep me motivated.
Yes! Mulch! That will be my mantra.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
noobiechickenlady said:
I second that motion!!

Welcome to Sufficient Self!! :frow

You already seem to have the mandatory tomato stains on the ceiling, so you will fit right in!! ;) :lol: