Vinyl--peel and stick

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
curious if anyone used this vinyl squares with peel and stick as a backsplash behind their stove?

does it stay on drywall if I just did this as an accent?

never used this stuff and just curious if I can install a backsplash behind the stove area and what if anything, I should use THAT IS SUPER EASY cleaning, super easy to install and lasts long without problems?

jsut throwing this out there---

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
and how did you attach? something like Liquid Nails glue?
never come off would it ? lol

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Sheet metal screws. They are up by the oven hood so you can't even see Em. Well, short people can, but I can't so it doesn't matter :D

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I use a peice of wallpaper...in fact I usually wallpaper my whole backsplash...use a washable decorative wallpaper and it looks great!
I don't know if stick on tile will stick to drywall, but if it does, you are in for one heck of a mess if you ever decide to remove it. I've also seen vinyl flooring used behind the stove, just staple it in place and use some wood moulding to 'frame' it.
In all my years I still like wallpaper the best though

ksalvagno

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
What about ceiling tiles instead of the peel and stick? Do one of the tin ones and that would probably look pretty nice. I would think it would be fairly easy to install.

If you would choose wallpaper, I would make sure it is sanatise (sp?). That sticks on well and is extremely easy to clean.

garden pixy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I used the peel & stick vinyl to cover a plywood counter top for almost 2 years, it was easy to clean and wore well, it got plenty of spills and it just wiped clean. The application you plan on using for would get even less wear and spills so it should be fine. If the drywall is painted it will peel right off if you decide to do something else of if it gets damaged. It will also do a good job protecting your drywall.

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
A friend of mine had a piece of acrylic cut to size and drilled a hole in each corner. Then she used something decorative, I want to say mirror hangers (?) to attach the acrylic to the wall. It looked good, kept grease splatters off her wallpaper and was simple to install and clean.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Heres my wallpapered backsplash. It will last years, and the wallpaper is washable.
162_008.jpg

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I know this is a little late, but we used vinyl tile in our guest bath both for the counter top and the back splash. The counter top is still fine (I had also used it previously on the kitchen counters without issue) but the back splash has begun to pull away from the wall (painted drywall). Our first attempt at repair was caulking it in place. That only worked for about a month. I think we are going to have to go ahead and liquid nail it in place if we want it to stay. Thinking that having tiles stop being sticky all of a sudden and fall behind your stove would be a chore to fix. Maybe it was the type of paint in our bathroom though; it is glossy?