Want to come back on this forum after almost two years!

homesteadmomma

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
jambunny said:
I am getting my first nigerian doeling. Gonna need a buckling. They are so cute.
I have one buckling available, but am too far away from you. Love my goaties, love them, love them, love them!

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
homesteadmomma said:
Ds turned 16 today, I can't believe my first baby is 16 and my youngest is due in August. What an age span! :gig
That is what my parents did. My oldest brother is 19 years older, my oldest sister is 17 years older. Mom was 40 when she had me.

Once I asked her if I was an accident. She said, "You were ALL accidents!" :p She was always fair like that. :)

Congrats on the new little one to be! :)

homesteadmomma

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I love our house but our dining room table is in our kitchen because there was no other place for it and when anybody was at the table you couldn't open the frig or get down the stairs. This made it very hard in the mornings when everybody was trying to get out the door. The only way to get to the bedrooms was through this area and this morning after having the frig door opened and being hit in the stomach I had had enough. Our family is only getting bigger and the kids are always bringing home somebody and I decided to change it. I made the kitchen table into the living room, we play lots of game anyway so this should work fine. We don't have television and if we decide to watch a movie, we can throw down some pillows.

Here is the after pics, I am not crazy about the couch in the kitchen, it needs something else there. Would love to find a bar with some stools for the kids to eat breakfast there. But for now it is staying this way, oldest ds absolutely hates it. Hates it!

IMG_2615.jpg

IMG_2614.jpg

IMG_2613.jpg

IMG_2612.jpg

The garden plants are started in the laundry room, there is okra, watermelon, cantelope, Black Krim tomatos, Better Boy tomatos, mix of hot peppers and sweet peppers.

IMG_2611.jpg

IMG_2610.jpg

IMG_2609.jpg

IMG_2608.jpg

Worked outside today, burning two brush piles, hosing off the back deck, picking up around the yard and other misc. chores. Had a great time watching the baby goats play with each other, they are so much fun and such great entertainment.

jambunny

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I am driving to Colorado for an Alpine buckling (did Californa last year) and Kansas for my new Nigerian doe. But you are right at least for this year. Gas prices are too high to do to many of those trips. I do occasionally get to your fine state as I have family in Hailey and Boise. Goats and poultry are definantly my passion as far as animals go.

homesteadmomma

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
jambunny said:
I am driving to Colorado for an Alpine buckling (did Californa last year) and Kansas for my new Nigerian doe. But you are right at least for this year. Gas prices are too high to do to many of those trips. I do occasionally get to your fine state as I have family in Hailey and Boise. Goats and poultry are definantly my passion as far as animals go.
Okay, well keep it in mind for another year then. Good luck with your new babies.

homesteadmomma

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Woke up to a cold stinging rain, still putting off going out and doing chores. Gray cloudy day. I guess I had better find something to do in the house today, there are lots of things that need done but none that I am really excited to go do. :p

homesteadmomma

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
framing fowl said:
Your seedlings are looking great!
Thank you! I have used those styrofoam cups for years so I don't feel too bad about adding to the landfill. Last year I started them in January and it was way too early so this year I held off until the 1st of March.

homesteadmomma

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have actually gotten quite a bit done today. Went out into the sea of mud and did the chores. Folded and put away two loads of laundry, emptied the dishwasher, checked the garden, went through our laundry basket full of junk from my desk and put it away, wandered through the house and collected for more yardsale junk.

Made a stew out of canned veggies, fresh veggies and leftover roast from our homegrown pork the other night. I have decided we have to get another piglet and soon because I never want to be without home-raised pork. There is simply no comparison, NONE!

The sun has came out and my mood has lifted. Life is good!

jambunny

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I completely agree about that homegrown pig. We ordered ours this week, hate buying store bought pork anymore.

Latest posts