WHAT ARE YOU CANNING TODAY?

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
dinytcb said:
Nothing! All I have left to do is pears and they aren't quite ready yet. I have frozen fruit and canned juice to make into jams and jellies. So since I'm caught up my DH and I are going to Brown County to stay in a cabin for the long weekend.:ya
What an awesome feeling! We are pretty much done, too, and looking forward to actually relaxing for the first time in a very long time. Enjoy!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I recanned some pepper jelly that didn't set. I have other things I can do but I am not sure what I want to do....ya know?

Rebecka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Strawberry jam, hot pepper jelly, potatoes, black beans. Two water baths and two pressure canners going all at the same time :)

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I canned lots of purple queen and yin yang beans. Now I will let those plants go to seed, in order to get the dried bean. Our blue lake pole beans are just starting up, so I'll have plenty more beans to work with.
Made some cucumber pickles yesterday and canned it. It was a cooked pickle rrecipe, I haven't tried before, sounds like a sweet and sour hamburger style pickle. I made 4 quarts. I also canned up the brine. It smelled so good, I thought it would make a nice seasoned vinegar to use for salad dressing, in potato salad and for marinating meat.

I labeled all the jars of beans today and got them put away.

deb4o

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Today me and my DH are doing spagetti sauce and tomarrow it will be salsa. Then I need to do peach butter.

We picked blueberries, gala apples, bartlet pears and peaches to day.

Iam just going to freeze the berries until later when I have mort time to make jam.

So much for a 3 day weekend!!

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Potatoes......and we started making Spickles yesterday.