What are you DEHYDRATING today?

stepstephens2

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I've got Thai, Cayenne, and Serranos (they've ripened to red) peppers going in the dehydrator right now. The Thai I will leave whole for adding to my soups and Thai dishes. The Cayenne and Serranos I like to break up in the food processor to make my own chili flake. I throw a little chili flake in 79% of all my family meals, so I loved that I was able to make all my own last year and it got me through a whole year! :D I know chili flake is super cheap to buy, but homemade has SO MUCH more flavor! I also have some experimental candied lime peel that I am drying in the oven with it set on "warm" right now.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
My hubby is a BIG fan of chili flakes as well. Part of the fun he has is making different mixtures of peppers for different heat and flavors. Me I am a pepper wimp. :lol:

Damummis

Microfarmer
Reaction score
I am cutting my teeth on tomatoes, peppers and zucchinis. Rose hips next.

sparks

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:droolHave to dry my cherry and pear tomatoes tomorrow. First time I used my hubbys truck for herbs. Worked surprisingly well and fast!

JRmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Yesterday, plum and roma tomatoes, and grapes (won't do grapes again, they took forever, but they are super yummy). On tap for today, sweet peppers, jalapenos, and seranos.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I have one batch of herbs dried, bananas, some tomatoes for pizza, peppers, onions. I'd like to do a batch of onions again then finish all herbs off.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
More grapes and tomatoes just finished. Going to harvest again so I need to rinse the trays and get ready for another round. That Sweet 100 tomato plant has been kicking butt with the yellow plum plants in close second.

GardenWeasel

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Onions Today! Red and yellow, got 4 bags of 3lbs yellow at .69 each. Gonna dry some red for a salad dressing mix with dried cukes. Are dried cukes bitter? I hope not.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Hubby finished more red jalapenos yesterday. I did some basil, purple basil and thyme the day before. :)