What are you harvesting now?

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've been going through the catalogs also. One thing I want to do is buy enough seed for 2-3 years. I can store the extra seeds in a cool dry place and I'll have something in case of emergencies- such as crop failure; I hate when a favorite variety becomes unavailable because of crop failure!
In order to have 2-3 years' worth, I have to know how much I actually use each year- so I've been making those lists.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
What a squash! :thumbsup

Britesea, keep in mind, when hubby retires you can get more tended in garden (maybe?) --- or will you two be travelers?
Somehow, I think you will not be gone long during garden season as you do so well with the use of the veggies. Some of the pkgs have so many seeds -- more than most of us use in one season unless it's quickie stuff--lettuce, radish, etc. My house has a lot of porch rails and I'm thinking I'd like a planter I saw that just hangs on & over the top rails. Only for herbs....good light on back at one end and it's by kitchen.

So, the squash makes me want to go out and harvest!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Just watch that rooster to be sure he doesn't start pecking your squash!

Euphoric Mania

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I am currently in limbo. The strawberries and raspberries appear to have finished, and the black currants aren't quite ready yet. Everything else is still growing.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hey....he'll need something to do! Really, after a week you aren't ready to go from 60 to 0 forever. Keep on writing!!:clap

Euphoric Mania

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Cook them up and make a cordial or something. I wonder how they'd go with my water kefir.