Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Ooooo...never thought to top it with fermented peppers. Yummmm

I just made Honey Mead Jelly while watching Julie and Julia :D

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Not today, but this week I made two tomato/basil pies with freshly-ground wheat, home-rendered lard, neighbor-grown tomatoes, home-grown basil, and home-made cheese. Holy cow, they were good for supper with chicken on the grill!

I also made two peach pies with the same type of crust, sweetened with a skimpy drizzle of raw wildflower honey. To die for. Had some for breakfast on two mornings with a big hunk of homemade Gouda and a big mug of raw-milk warm-from-the-goat not-hot chocolate. Say that three times fast!

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I still gotta watch that movie.

We made blackberry peach pie today. SO made the crust, I made the filling and assembled it. I picked the berries and the peaches too. I used honey as the sweetener, a bit of lemon juice from our lemon tree and tapioca as the thickener.

We had it with roast chicken, one I butchered in May, seasoned with our own thyme, garlic and onions.

sweetproserpina

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Last night I made up a peach pie with a crumb topping, morrocan lemon chicken (sooo yummy), and greek salad from all those cukes and tomotoes in the garden.

Vacation was nice, but it's good to get back into the kitchen!

deb4o

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
sorry to hike but I just gotta have that Morrocan lemon chicken recipe,
Sweet could you please post.

Holachicka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Last night it was bread, mayo and sauerkraut. MMM!! gotta love BLT's with home made bread and mayo, and home grown tomatoes! Now to convince DH I need a couple of pigs for bacon! :lol:

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
freemotion said:
Not today, but this week I made two tomato/basil pies with freshly-ground wheat, home-rendered lard, neighbor-grown tomatoes, home-grown basil, and home-made cheese. Holy cow, they were good for supper with chicken on the grill!
Oh my--Could you share that recipe? It sounds incredible!!

I whipped up a tomato, basil, onion, garlic, fresh mozzarella cheese, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and dry garlic toast salad for lunch. Yum!

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I made bread today. 2 loaves simple white bread. One of which will be part of tonight's dinner.
and 2 loaves whole grain bread, which are about to go in the oven.

Latest posts