What did you do in your garden today?

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hi lovelies! I know I have been MIA but at least not KIA, 🙃
Just so much going on. New med makes me ill but is working. A1C from 9 is now 6 and from 239 is 211. I miss my sugar,lol apparently I was operating at over 300 or more. Now is less than 130 and have no energy to do anything but sleep. 🤪
Oh, what I did today in the garden? Do I have a garden? Well, nothing. It's freezing! All that rush to spring clocks forward but nature here spung back to winter. I am about to put my Christmas tree up to celebrate 🍾
Hope all are doing good. I missed you all so much! And had about 8 ears of corn. The best corn I have ever had in my 16 years. Oh, auto-correct changed the numbers, 🤣
So glad to hear from you 👍

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hi lovelies! I know I have been MIA but at least not KIA, 🙃
Just so much going on. New med makes me ill but is working. A1C from 9 is now 6 and from 239 is 211. I miss my sugar,lol apparently I was operating at over 300 or more. Now is less than 130 and have no energy to do anything but sleep. 🤪
Oh, what I did today in the garden? Do I have a garden? Well, nothing. It's freezing! All that rush to spring clocks forward but nature here spung back to winter. I am about to put my Christmas tree up to celebrate 🍾
Hope all are doing good. I missed you all so much! And had about 8 ears of corn. The best corn I have ever had in my 16 years. Oh, auto-correct changed the numbers, 🤣

It's great to hear from you. I'd wondered

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Another 11 oz of buds and 4 trees coppiced for next year. Had a few that just needed removed. Figured I should strip them of buds. I can try and sell some at a local barter faire. I'll wait until fall when I have catnip and selfheal as well to make it worth my while.

I'll cut off the branches for kindling and the trunks can be used for my firepit. They are all 2 to 4 inches, so will dry fast for that use.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score

the snow doesn't bother me but the cold is hard to take when it gets down into the teenies. today it's not so bad already in the mid 20s and going up to 35F. tomorrow night it is forecast to go back into the teens again. with the higher humidity we really feel it. after breakfast and a few morning chores i'll get out and shovel some of the snow since we do have a propane delivery that might happen today, i like to have it shovelled before someone drives on it even if it will all be melted off by next week. keeps it from being icy.

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
snowing here this morning. wasn't any snow on the ground at 4am, but now a few inches with a few more in the forecast. glad i don't have to go anyplace today. i'm excited that i get a chance to shovel some snow. :)
We can all see that your pants are on fire! 😆 🤣

Lucky you, was up all night and it began around 230am steady tiny flakes.
20240322_143518.jpgPixie stepped out and turned right back in, lol Have been cleaning the bathtub during the day. At least she knows to jump in and take care of business. Wish she could just use the toilet. She's in the bathroom already, right,lol
The girls came out while I grabbed eggs. 20240322_182415.jpg
And then my only leghorn left, decided to pull a mighty stunt.
20240322_182501.jpg
I have no clue but I'm not responsible for your brain trying to figure out how she laid on top of the other eggs,🤯

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
it is plenty cold today already but will be warming up and melting off the ice-rink which is the driveway. what little heat the sun could provide yesterday did keep any more snow from building up and melting off what did fall but as the night came on and temperatures went down to 17F it wasn't going to dry fast enough or keep it from icing.

today the sun will be out and up to the mid-30sF so that will get it cleaned up. just hope nobody comes over before it can melt.

p.s. yes, i actually do enjoy shovelling snow. :)

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have no clue but I'm not responsible for your brain trying to figure out how she laid on top of the other eggs,🤯
Well, the talent isn't laying it on top -- they stand to actually drop the egg -- BUT gently leaving it there took more gracefulness than they usually display 🥰👍🤣

Snow and laying eggs...good hens!