What did you do in your garden today?

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Rain came as predicted...how strange is that? A decent rain, I'm glad to get the seeds watered! Makes my efforts out there yesterday seem worthwhile. 👍😁 About Thurs I'll get cardboard & mulch out there -- cause we know the weeds grow fast!!

Thinking we'll get about an inch before it moves out tomorrow ... Before I leave for work.

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well, nothing done. Hub is out of hospital but this morning they extracted that molar. It only hit us at $1074.00 after a $41.00 between his wallet and my purse paid, lol

But the tomatoes and peppers and corn and cilantro are outside and took a small gulp of water from the rain last night. Hoping that tomorrow I can finally get outside and hurt the garden hard, or myself for that matter, lol

I did planted a few more Asparagus and they are sprouting in the greenhouse, which I still need to cover the top walls with plastic. Just so much going on and my juvenile attitude does not gives me any incentive, lol

Should I do the beans in the greenhouse or sow straight to the ground? My last frost day was May 10th. But this is Michigan and nothing is set on stone at all, lol

Looking into a getaway for the beginning of June. Nothing fancy nor expensive but would like as close to nature as possible such as cascades, or areas to stargazing.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I weeded a bunch. DS17 is working on hoe-ing a thick grassy area. He got a lot done. It will need a lot of maintenance weeding to eradicate the grass. 3 big patches of grass left for this year. :th

I get caught up in weeding and don't get seed planted promptly. I might seed the majority with navy beans. Cheap weed suppression.

I noticed some areas that need compost added. Just one more thing on the list....

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Walked perimeter, after rains I wanted to check. Had been fresh tilled & planted Mon, 1.5" rain Tues. Obviously wet but good....not mud. The freshly transplanted tomatoes & peppers are in fine shape.☺️ Thur or Fri I'll transplant rest of starts -- another 30 or so -- and some more seeds, mulch. It's all good. 👍 🤣 more rains over weekend predicted.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Weeding again. I  will win this year :gig

20240515_200036.jpg