What did you do to save $ today?

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
That is sooo cool! Too bad my kids are all grown up now.

sparks

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Picked up 22 bags of mulch( clearance area) discount store for $20. Now I can re-work my herb garden.

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score

chickensducks&agoose

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
tortoise said:
Every toy he has fits in it, a drawer for each type of toy. I hope I NEVER have to pick up his room or take away his toys for not cleaning his room. Ever. Never.
I LOVE it!!! But how many frogs is he allowed to have in there? My kids have to leave their frogs outside :)

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
chickensducks&agoose said:
tortoise said:
Every toy he has fits in it, a drawer for each type of toy. I hope I NEVER have to pick up his room or take away his toys for not cleaning his room. Ever. Never.
I LOVE it!!! But how many frogs is he allowed to have in there? My kids have to leave their frogs outside :)
:cool: lol That drawer is for "silly little toys." Happy Meal style toys.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
my money saving method right now...
embrace my agoraphobia...

i cant afford to leave the house, so why bother trying lol

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
pinkfox said:
my money saving method right now...
embrace my agoraphobia...

i cant afford to leave the house, so why bother trying lol
Sometimes agoraphobia is a gift. Be kind to yourself, stay home without guilt, and do something you love.

:hugs

R-Lawrence

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I went through another 20 boxes of junk and came away with 12 boxes of trash, 3 boxes of office supplies, 2 boxes of paperwork, and 3 boxes of toys and misc that we need to get ready for yardsale or safekeeping. Woohoo to not buying any more office supplies for a while!

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
The family is bored with scrambled eggs and toast for breakfast, so I looked up the recipe for "Kaiser Schmarrn" which my mother makes when I visit. I made it for my family and they loved it. I had all the ingredients, most of them were even homegrown or we got them for free, through barter.

Next I wll pick weeds and generally clean another area of our property and use the stuff to feed my goats, chickens and the rabbit.

We took in a neighborhood kid's 4 adult chickens. A neighbor of hers had reported her to Animal control, because she was letting her chickens roam free in her yard. She was told she needed to cage them and she didn't want to do that. So we told her we would take them and she can come and visit them. I already got two eggs from them this morning. Not that we really need any more eggs. But it is nice to help the little girl out.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I planted a boatload of okra, some beans, and some cucumbers. I just have peppers left to set out tomorrow.