What did you do to save $ today?

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hmmmm...about 40# of turnips from the neighbors. We are not turnip folks....but looks like we're gonna be WEG ;) They were going to turn them under, to plant some different crops. She loaded up her lil' red wagon for me. Then gave me 2 doz eggs, from her chickens. I took home a pair of pants to hem for her hubby, as a barter for all the goodies she gave me. Also took over 4 gal of used motor oil for a neighbor down the road who converts it to heating oil. For himself. He is the one who gave us 2 water totes, IBC. Free. All in all, not a bad day.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I got my free giftcard from MyPoints in the mail today :D Ten bucks for gas :celebrate

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
didnt go anywhere except to take the youngens to karate so no money spent

wooddustmaker

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Stopped at a new store to me, and picked up a pound of stew meat for $2.25. Wouldn't have gone anywhere, except that I had to go the bank, so I could pay my car insurance. I only had to go about 8 miles each way, so a close travel day for me. Need to make some bread still though.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I cashed in some change to pay the exterminator, cashed in some MCR points for free soda, cashed in some MyPoints for a fuel card, and tomorrow I will cash in some Swagbucks for another Amazon gift card. I also got about $2 worth of milk from "NAGatha" :D My total for today...hmmmmm about $85 for basically sitting on my butt and taking a break for most of the day :D Maybe I should sit more often :p

GardenWeasel

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Started using the ink refills for my 860 Canon printer. I bought them on Amazon 20 little packs for $10 and some change. Bought some other stuff I was going to buy anyway to get the total for free shipping. The inks worked really well for what I paid as I no longer need professional quality to print out a recipe or a bank statement. Paid for it with my Chase card and qualify for 5% cash back. Wanted to make sure the inks worked before saying anything.

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Made money or saved it...not sure. I found a plastic "Grand Opening" sign in the trash, when I was foraging for boxes to move into this place with DH. It is about 3'x8'. I used it today to line the bottom of the chicken tractor. The floor of the roost upstairs. They had destroyed or ate everything else I put in there. Sawdust, newspaper, cardboard. This last time, I had to use bits and pieces of plastic lids, trying to block the open draft floor. It was all poo covered and in disarray. I took all of it out, and tossed it into the garden for the rain to rinse off.

I think, this chicken tractor is turning into an experiment.

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
GardenWeasel said:
Started using the ink refills for my 860 Canon printer. I bought them on Amazon 20 little packs for $10 and some change. Bought some other stuff I was going to buy anyway to get the total for free shipping. The inks worked really well for what I paid as I no longer need professional quality to print out a recipe or a bank statement. Paid for it with my Chase card and qualify for 5% cash back. Wanted to make sure the inks worked before saying anything.
GW--do you mind explaining this in more detail? I spend way too much on ink. Does this include color ink? Thanks!

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
me&thegals said:
GardenWeasel said:
GW--do you mind explaining this in more detail? I spend way too much on ink. Does this include color ink? Thanks!
We have been using an Ink refill place, for my HP # 21 and 22 cartridges. Been 12$ each so far.

Latest posts