What did you fix to eat today?

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Somebody want to come over and cook for me?

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Fried eggplant, (I slice and soak in water before dredging through cornmeal-it sticks better) sliced Cherokee Purple, Gypsy and Yellow Pear tomatoes and Red Marconi peppers. Picked in the yard, fresh, fresh, fresh!

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Homemade Pizza! Plus I canned 14 quarts of potatoes, 12 pints of potatoes, and made four trays of hashbrowns all for the cost of $15

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Made a seafood stew...sort of like a faux cioppino. Lots of seafood in a tomato based sauce. DH liked it more than I did - but it was pretty tasty anyway! Nothing that has, shrimp, halibut, scallops, clams, mussels, fennel, red/green peppers, lots of garlic, and wine in it can be all bad, lol!

The onions, at least, were home grown...

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
With an injured husband, I'm spending almost NO time in the kitchen these last 2 days. I baked some chicken and caramelized barbecue sauce on it, then sauteed some yellow squash in butter and seasoned with Tony Chacherie's ... they say you are what you eat; if that's true, then I'm cheap, fast, and easy!;)

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
You made more than I did! We got takeouts. :\

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
steak kabobs - steak, onion, tomatoes, and mushrooms

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yum, Jamie!

I took the holiday very seriously and fixed a leg of lamb. A bit more than a week ago I found a good deal on a half leg of lamb from the store and -----while it was good ----today's whole leg of lamb was home-grown and OMG so delicious!

I started it yesterday by pouring a half-bottle of red wine into a 2 gallon Ziploc, chopped some garlic into it and added the whole leg of lamb. Today I took it out of the fridge, rinsed it a little, dried it off and covered it in a coating of finely chopped rosemary, garlic and olive oil for at least an hour before I put it in the oven.

I can't even begin to tell you how delicious this was! I gotta find me some more lamb to raise. Nothing beats home-grown!

Latest posts