Whats happening with the economy?

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
AmericanHomesteader said:
Its not just the small towns that have the foreclousers, stores closing, people with no jobs, its in the large cities also, My house was worth a 150K 4 years ago, now there trying to sell foreclosures in my neighborhood for 38K. I think it hasnt gotten better at all. We have been in the process of selling off and we are heading to our small ranch in Arizona, We have sold things ie, boat, household goods etc and purchased our solar panels and wind generator, We are blessed that our 12 acres is paid for and we have a building built prior to the bust. We are heading out in March to live SS and totally off grid. MY DW is ready to go now, DD is not happy but DS is. I am new to this forum so hey everyone:D
:welcome

So what is your homestead going to be composed of?

AmericanHomesteader

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
When we get there, we are purchasing a pair of dairy goats, get the chicken pen built and a start on the garden. Later in the year we will be raising meat rabbits as well. I also have to get the rainwater harvesting system installed before the summer monsoon starts. We have about a years worth of stored food. I did start a website but its under construction. www.homesteading-arizona.com not alot to it yet lol, im not very good at making one but trying.The good news is i got internet figured out and talked to t-mobile about it. They said i can tether my smartphone to my laptop, i tested it and it works good, i was getting almost 3 megs on download when i did speedtest with it. We have been planning this move for about 1 1/2 years now.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Welcome to the site.

Hope your move is successful!!

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Britesea said:
If you want some ideas about what is coming, check out this guy's blog . He is/was living in Argentina at the time of their economic collapse in 2001, and it's still bad there. His descriptions of what it's like living there- both then and still- are very sobering, and have changed some of my preps.
Very interesting. Thanks, britesea! :)

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
AmericanHomesteader said:
When we get there, we are purchasing a pair of dairy goats, get the chicken pen built and a start on the garden. Later in the year we will be raising meat rabbits as well. I also have to get the rainwater harvesting system installed before the summer monsoon starts. We have about a years worth of stored food. I did start a website but its under construction. www.homesteading-arizona.com not alot to it yet lol, im not very good at making one but trying.The good news is i got internet figured out and talked to t-mobile about it. They said i can tether my smartphone to my laptop, i tested it and it works good, i was getting almost 3 megs on download when i did speedtest with it. We have been planning this move for about 1 1/2 years now.
Sounds like you have a good plan so far! If you have any questions feel free to ask any of us!