Why would a dog do this?!

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
We have a working CO detector as of a few weeks ago...got it for the homestudy for the foster kids to come. It's required, and it was just tested and new batteries put in.

tort~ she has been at it for hours though...practically all day off and on, and this is the first attention she has gotten because I'n starting to worry if she has a screw loose. :lol:
Hmmmmm Im thinking if she has been doing it all day off and on, I say she does have a loose screw :lol:

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
tortoise said:
DO NOT GIVE YOUR DOG IBUPROFEN!

(unless you want it to die)
Vet has told us to....why is that bad? Just curious :hu I have aspirin too.

bambi

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wannabe.....you might want to fill around on her to see if she has any pain response. Sounds to me like she is trying to tell you something. My dogs usually don't stare and whine unless they are really trying to tell me something. Let us know what you find out

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
tortoise said:

Liver damage issues, I would think. Our vet has told us to use aspirin. Does she have any ongoing medical issues? Has she eaten anything she shouldn't have lately?

bambi

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wannabe.....have felt around on her to see if she gives any pain response? I know that my dogs do not stare me down and whine unless they really want me to know what they want. :et us know what you find out.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Goat poo probably :rolleyes: I will go check her...she gave up and went to bed :hu I'll see and report back ;)

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
tortoise said:

Aspirin is much safer. I do not remember the correct doggie dose. If it's not too late where you are there might be time still to get an off-hours call into your vet for the right dose.

It's better to be sore than to be harmed. Holding off on the pain meds might be safest long term. Pain is good, IMO. It protects the body from further injury.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
She didn't have any pain response...even when I pressed on her belly :hu Nothing...just plain old goofy dog as usual. Her eyes look dilated though... like..her pupils look abnormally huge, only a little brown showing on the outer edges. Is that normal? If not, what does it mean...I never noticed her eyes like that before, but maybe because I'm trying to find something wrong...

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
tortoise said:
Wannabefree said:
tortoise said:

Aspirin is much safer. I do not remember the correct doggie dose. If it's not too late where you are there might be time still to get an off-hours call into your vet for the right dose.

It's better to be sore than to be harmed. Holding off on the pain meds might be safest long term. Pain is good, IMO. It protects the body from further injury.
I agree with holding off, bt she is a big 90 pound bully who never complains at all, and IF this is complaining...I'd rather go ahead and give her a baby aspirin at least.

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
What kind of dog? My BC has been whiney all day. Did you loom at the forecast? What's the earth tremor (or earthquake) activity right now? I'd log on and see how high it's been.

Otherwise vet tomorrow.

Oh has she pooped? Peed?